Running Credit when adding another service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vasqufr
New Poster

Running Credit when adding another service

I currently have Hughes at my other house I really like the service. I just went to add my other house and I was told they needed to run credit. I stopped the order I unfortunately am very unhappy with Comcast but refuse to have a ding on my credit report.

It did not matter that I had another account with no late payments. Here I come DISH..... Hope you take this HughesNet as an improvement opportunity,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning vasqufr,

You should be able to call our regular sales line, provide them your current HughesNet account information and add-on a service without a credit check. If the agent did inform you there would need to be another credit check when calling the sales line, please provide me the phone number you dialed if you still have it. 

It may be possible for me to order this for you without a credit check, so please look out for a private message from me later today regarding an order offer.

Thank you

Amanda

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@vasqufr

I'm just curious as to why you are going through Comcast to set up a 2nd HughesNet service?

Does Comcast offer combined billing of some sort?

I would suggest that you re-direct this conversation (copy & paste) over to the myAccount and Billing Forum so that @Amanda (Hughesnet Moderator and corporate level employee) can look into this for you.

With you already having an established Hughesnet account in good standing, I am sure that Amanda could easily add a 2nd HughesNet account for your other household without the need for an additional credit check.

FYI: Both Dish Network and DirecTV currently do not offer combined billing so your Hughesnet bills would be billed seperately from any TV/Phone packages you subscribe to if you choose to switch over from Comcast.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bare65 wrote:

@vasqufr

I'm just curious as to why you are going through Comcast to set up a 2nd HughesNet service?

Does Comcast offer combined billing of some sort? 

I think the idea is that the OP has Comcast at their second location and want(ed) to change that location to HughesNet, dumping Comcast altogether.  

Good morning vasqufr,

You should be able to call our regular sales line, provide them your current HughesNet account information and add-on a service without a credit check. If the agent did inform you there would need to be another credit check when calling the sales line, please provide me the phone number you dialed if you still have it. 

It may be possible for me to order this for you without a credit check, so please look out for a private message from me later today regarding an order offer.

Thank you

Amanda

Amanda

Hi vasqufr, 

I believe we can create a "child" account under your current without a credit check. To what I know the credit inquires from us are considered "soft" so they should not leave any bad marks on your credit history. Generally DISH will offer HughesNet if the area is not served by their other partner services, so you may end up having to do the credit check through them anyway but I am not 100% on that. Let me ask about the process and perhaps you could just do as @bare65 mentioned and add-on another account. We'd hate to see you go because we didn't give you all the options you have.

Thank you,

Amanda