Sales Call Review

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icyman61
Freshman

Sales Call Review

we recently agreed to sign an agreement with Hughesnet after speaking with several salespeople and reading the webpages such as this one below on this page.

https://www.hughesnet.com/about/hughesnet-gen5

It clearly says I will experience "If you exceed your monthly plan data, you will experience reduced speeds, typically1-3 Mbps, until the next billing cycle."

I am a CISCO engineer who works constantly through the internet. my required speed is around 56kbps. or around 256 kbps for some jobs. I was told repeatedly that when my data plan was used the 20 Gbs no problem my speed would be reduced to 1 to 3 mbps. That 1 MBPS is still acceptable, however since having the internet for 2 months, we have found that even when I disconnected everything, and I use a fresh OS install connected by ethernet we get speeds WAY under 1 mbps.

When I contacted customer support I spent 6 hours of my time-wasting asking for them to check my connection only to have them refer me to the FUA.

I want someone to check our sales call and tell me why we are getting speeds way under 3, or 1 mbps?

20 REPLIES 20