Sales Rep Misinformation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_Duff
New Poster

Sales Rep Misinformation

I have called Hughesnet, and I’m sorry but the language barrier is problematic. I tried to explain today to customer service that my Internet service is not working as advertised and I wished to cancel. She could not understand the device I was speaking of, on her end she saw “5 devices”. I repeatedly told her my Amazon Firestick is the device that will not play videos, no matter what, without constant buffering while connected to Hughesnet. Even if the Firestick is the only device running and the only device connected- constant buffering. The video quality on my television is also abysmal. I have had this service 10 days and regret not researching this option further.
Moreover, my installer stated that if the antenna gets snow on it, it will not work and in the winter we should go to the roof to clean it off. On my initial service call, I repeatedly asked if adverse weather conditions would affect my service and was assured it would not; that the satellite in the sky was immune to significant weather interruption. My area is clearly not adequate for proper use of this service. I stressed repeatedly in my service call that this service needed to work for up to five devices and was assured it would be effective for streaming purposes. I do not believe I should be charged $800+ in early termination fees when I was completely misled during an extended one hour service call. I would appreciate greatly someone helping me out and resolving this without nearly $1000 in fees being incurred on my part. I have called and they claim all is well on their end; claim my download speeds are “faster” than advertised, but not one movie has played through without buffering.
15 REPLIES 15