Hughesnet Community

Sales Rep Misled. They wouldnt let me out. Equipment Failed. Do NOT use HughesNET.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LARRY18
Freshman

Sales Rep Misled. They wouldnt let me out. Equipment Failed. Do NOT use HughesNET.

I fell for the commercial hype about 5G.  Called Hughes net rep to confirm my alarm company would be supported (NextAlarm).  He said call was recorded so I wish someone would review the recording.  He actually said that Nextalarm and hughesnet had partnered and it worked perfectly.  I will spare you all the painful details about 8+ hours of tech support calls. I was told by several in tech support that this would never work due to latency causing the alarm system to constantly alert as it was losing signal with the monitirong center.  Second, I asked can the sales rep can you stream netflix/amazon prime video.  I was told even if you ran out of data the slower speed would allow the streaming.  This was NEVER true, i even called netflex and had my account restricted to standard def.  I pleaded with Hughesnet to let me out of the contract as it never worked as represented by their salespeople.  I was told over and over your equipment is fine and after hours of spending time on the phone a tech came out and said atenna was malfuctioning and replaced it.  It streamed some video very pixalated but thats about it and then it buffers.  One highlight of the tech calls was when a tech overseas continually asked if I was currently  in a hurricane after telling him the sky was clear and sunny at the beginning.  The training is terrible the first line individuals have.  I am always respectful and never agressive but during the call a tech said "look we are trying to run a business so we cant let you out without a fee".  That really let me see the true colors of what is being taught at hughesnet.  I have totally given up.  My know we cant watch netflix and have had to switch alarm services.  The internet is useless to us.  We are just counting down the days until August 2020 when we can terminate.  I feel strongly I was wronged and I dont want this to happen to others so I am spreading this message on as many outlets as possible.  Nothing worse than everyone losing, just dont let their sales people do this to you...

14 REPLIES 14