Scammed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacy1
Freshman

Scammed

Signed up with hughes thru dish an authorised dealer . Was told hughes was completely unlimited that the only drawback was a lagtime in gaming. But the rest could be used at will snd could watch as much netflix as i wanted. Signed up at dish, hughes came and installed then said after 10 gb were up could not watch videos. So service would do be absolutely no good called 2 days later to cancel and return installer said I had 30 days to try it out. Guy in Brownsville tx accounting said their would be a 400 dollar termination fee. Even though I was lied to by their dealers. Best he could do was a 30gb plan at a discounted rate tor 12 months. How is this legal the dealers lie to get service installed then yse a 400 dollar termination fee so you cant cancel. Will definitely spread the word about how shady this company is. I took the 30gb deal because this was the only option I felt I had. Cannot pay 400 for a 2day service i was scammed into. If I had my choice I do not want this service and its not right to Shanghai people like this
9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It sounds like the issue is with the dealer.  Have you contacted the dealer and discussed with them what they initially told you?   

Yes they claim they just s
Order the service any complaints should be taken up with hughes. That dish cannot cancel or make any changes to the order. I was promised a lexus was given a yugo and now they want paid to take the yugo back. This is not right Dish is an authorised dealer of hughes they should not be able to lie dor installation and hughes holds me to a 400 termination fee when i called 20mins after it was installed. Its just not right.
Hardy

Hello Stacy,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I apologize for your frustration. I will further investigate all of this for you. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thank you this whole deal has been shady, any help would be greatly appreciated

Any luck on my situation
maratsade

They will get back to you when they have information to give you. Sometimes it takes a while. 

Also, Felicia comes on the site after 5 pm.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Stacy1 wrote:
Any luck on my situation

@maratsade wrote:

They will get back to you when they have information to give you. Sometimes it takes a while. 

Also, Felicia comes on the site after 5 pm.

Superheroes, especially web-slingers, always come out after dark...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Dhelms9
New Poster

I understand completely,my problem 1st w dish for refusing to honour what sales promised Tha. Fine print says that they are not responsible. And now hughes net. Same experince

@Stacy1 wrote:
Signed up with hughes thru dish an authorised dealer . Was told hughes was completely unlimited that the only drawback was a lagtime in gaming. But the rest could be used at will snd could watch as much netflix as i wanted. Signed up at dish, hughes came and installed then said after 10 gb were up could not watch videos. So service would do be absolutely no good called 2 days later to cancel and return installer said I had 30 days to try it out. Guy in Brownsville tx accounting said their would be a 400 dollar termination fee. Even though I was lied to by their dealers. Best he could do was a 30gb plan at a discounted rate tor 12 months. How is this legal the dealers lie to get service installed then yse a 400 dollar termination fee so you cant cancel. Will definitely spread the word about how shady this company is. I took the 30gb deal because this was the only option I felt I had. Cannot pay 400 for a 2day service i was scammed into. If I had my choice I do not want this service and its not right to Shanghai people like this

maratsade

If you'd like tech support, please create a new topic here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport

Just click on Start a Topic and type what the issue is you'd like the Hughesnet reps to look at.  The place where you posted has to do with another person's experience and looks like it's been solved, so you would get better and more individualised responses if you started your own topic. 

Please me sure to provide a detailed account of what your situation is and what problems you're seeing. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Dhelms9 wrote:

I understand completely,my problem 1st w dish for refusing to honour what sales promised Tha. Fine print says that they are not responsible. And now hughes net. Same experince