Service cancellation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phadden
Freshman

Service cancellation

I'm so frustrated this is the worst service I have ever had. It is totally useless. I feel like I have been lied to. I got this as part of a directv package and it was not explained to me about the data limits. Even before the data limits the service is so slow its not worth using. I called and complained this week and the customer service sucks worse than their internet service. They doubled my data for supposedly free but I'm sure they they will charge me in the end. My free doubled data lasted 3 days. I want my service canceled with no early termination fees. I won't someone to help me out on this. I just found out that I can get broadband and they will come hook it up this week. I am going to stop payment on the account and cut the satalite off the roof and push it off in the yard. Yall can come git it if you want to.
17 REPLIES 17
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

First, I would advise that you NOT cut the satellite dish off the roof and push it off into the yard, unless you want to pay for damaged equipment that you will absolutely be responsible for paying.  Secondly, I advise you wait for the advice that will be given to you by HughesNet representative.  You're certainly free to stop payment, but you're also free to reap the rewards with doing so, like dings to your credit, if that's what you wish.  

When you cancel your service a return equipment kit will be sent to you so that you can send back the modem, the power pack for the modem and the radio from the dish.  The kit will include instructions for removing the radio from the dish.   

Lastly, if your DirecTV receiver is connected to your HughesNet modem it's very likely that this is what's burning through your data so quickly.  Connecting a satellite TV receiver to HughesNet is advised against because of this.  

The reps are normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They should reply within a day or two.

My credit is so bad that if someone stole my identity my score might actually go up. Cancel my service you liars
maratsade

May want to stop trolling and create one post under Tech Support or myAccount and Billing, and explain your issues like a grown up.  Calling people names won't get you very far. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

What does trolling mean. I have called everyday for a week. I am getting no where. Might be the best 400 dollars I ever spent. But I'm going to make sure everyone know how bad they suck. Well everyone who had them already knows but maybe I can talk someone out of making a big mistake.

Good morning Phadden,

Thank you so much for your patience while your sales call review request was processed. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Phadden
Freshman

Give everyone a cancelation you bunch of liars. Your service sucks and you are scammers.
maratsade

Sounds like you're a bit upset about the service. Fortunately for you, you can just pay the fine for breaking the contract and be on your way to bigger and better things.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

I will pay the fine.

Putting this in billing because I should send huesnet a bill. Why don't you knock this off my early termination fee. The technician who installed my satellite and modem drilled right through my hardwood floor to run the coax for the modom. Who does that.

@Phadden wrote:
The technician who installed my satellite and modem drilled right through my hardwood floor to run the coax for the modom. Who does that.

It's 'modem' and cable/internet companies also do that when there's no other recourse.

Stop lashing out about your not understanding what you bought and your own poor decisions. You're only exposing your own ignorance.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Phadden wrote:
Putting this in billing because I should send huesnet a bill. Why don't you knock this off my early termination fee. The technician who installed my satellite and modem drilled right through my hardwood floor to run the coax for the modom. Who does that.

I actually told the tech he could drill a small hole through my floor in the corner to the crawl space for the cable. There is also one in the side of the house to get the cable into the crawl space.

I researched satellite Internet at my local library many years ago to find out what I was getting before actually signing up for it.

Having very bad credit speaks volumes about someone.

GabeU

@Phadden wrote:

The coax has to get into your home somehow, and if there was a problem with going through your floor, like they did with mine, my folks, and probably hundreds of thousands of others, you should have let them know beforehand.  

You should have done your research about HughesNet before agreeing to the service.   

My DirecTV coax goes through my floor, as well, as does my TV antenna coax.  

Liz

Good morning Phadden,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Our community members' suggestions are valid, and I would take them into consideration. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Phadden,

Thank you for your patience while your case is still under review. We'll reach back out to you once we have an update to share.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

BGAL84
Freshman

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

GabeU

@BGAL84 

The OP's request is already being handled by the HughesNet reps.  

maratsade

BGAL84 has also copied my content. LOL.  You should create your own, BGAL. 

@GabeU wrote:

The OP's request is already being handled by the HughesNet reps.