Hughesnet Community

Slow internet and can not transfer 2 phone lines

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expressstop

Slow internet and can not transfer 2 phone lines

I signed in with Hughesnet to provide high speed internet and 2 phone lines since I needed to switch from AT&T due to slow internet service at my location and transfer service for 2 phone lines. Hughesnet sales rep deceived me by saying that yes we do provide high speed internet 25 MB/s and your 2 phone lines, but after installation they told me you only can transfer one phone line, in addition their internet was very slow and I could not access my security Cameras or run my ATM machines, I called tech support several times then they sent a technician who informed me that satellite internet will have outages and it will be slow and nothing they can do to fix it. Then after one week of installation, my business started to be interrupted by this company unreliable service, they charged my account 2 times, I called them and requested that I need to cancel because their service is not working for me and they could not provide me with high speed internet nor 2 phone lines, then they said that they will charge me $812 for termination fee. I can not believe that they wanted me to keep a service that did not work for me and also could not transfer 2 of my phone lines when I initially called the company to provide these services. I believe that I was lied to, deceived and got misled they wasted my time and money. I cancelled my account but they still threatening me with their termination fee of $812.00 its outrageous, I did not cancel quick for nothing but because they can not provide me with the service we agreed upon.

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hello Expressstop, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account to investigate further and see you have an enterprise account (SME). Let me escalate to our enterprise department here at corporate to have your sales call reviewed to ensure the right expectations were set. 

I'll post back once I get the results. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Expressstop, 

Looks like our corporate office has received your complaint letter and are already working on it. Your complaint will be addressed within 30 days. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

CPA
Freshman

So far as the termination fee goes, if Hughes finds that you are receiving the 25 down and 3 up I don't know why you would expect to avoid an early termination fee (it's a contract, and contracts are usually severable, meaning that if one portion is found to be unenforcable (e.g. the termination fee for phone, if applicable) the remainder of the contract can still be enforced (e.g. the termination fee for internet services rendered across the 24 month period)).

On a different note, there are services out there (my parents use grasshopper for their business) that will allow you to add extensions and alternate DNIS's (TO addresses) for a fraction of the cost of two accounts for two separate sets of VOIP equipment so that you can port both lines.

I hope this helps!