cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The look of the home page.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: The look of the home page.

It is what unlimited cable allowance has created and that appears to be coming to a halt. Even cable can't keep up with unlimited allowance in the far term.
I thought the FCC had banned data-capping for 7 years, at least for Time Warner and whoever it was that merged with it. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I thought they only said providers can't limit or charge content providers extra for the amount they use, like Netflix. Maybe I need to read the whole thing again.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

"First, for seven years, we prohibit New Charter from imposing data caps or charging usage-based pricing for its residential broadband service. This condition ensures that New Charter will continue Charter’s past pricing practices and protects subscribers from paying fees designed to make online video consumption more expensive leading subscribers to stick with a traditional pay-TV bundle." (Page 4 of this document, No 9).

Also this, posted on DSL Reports.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Ugh.  I'm still waiting to get a pic of my folks' miniature dachshund puppy.  We got our first snowstorm this weekend, including falling tree limbs due to some crazy wind, so didn't have a chance to get it. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Using Hughesnet's home page isn't a requirement of the service.   You can use any home page you want.  Is this really something to complain about? 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Chris11
Alum

Hi ljnich,

Thanks for your feedback. Many things are being looked into based off of the response we've gotten from this new update. Can't say we'll specifically make everyone happy with the changes, however everything is being considered. 

- Chris