Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWM030
Sophomore

Token - Prepaid : .5 GB (9 Available"

Hi,

I am needing to know on the BUY TOKENS SCREEN... at the very bottom I see

Token - Prepaid :.5 GB (9 Available) 

Are those tokens free or did I just buy 3 tokens and not know it?

Screenshot at 2021-09-04 13-23-12.png

14 REPLIES 14
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Those are free -- EDIT: maybe you were given tokens by the mods at some point?  The mods can tell you for sure if it's something that came from them or if you indeed bought tokens. 

@maratsade :

I had a token left over from when I bought a token a LONGGGGGG time ago and the token had 4.8 gigs left before I ran out of my 20 gigs and today I only had 3.0 gigs left of my token.

I just so happen to log into my acct today with the mindset of buying 1 token to get me to the end of my billing cycle  ( 6 days left it says) and I just happened to  notice that at the bottom of my screen.

I ran out of my 20 gigs early because I upgraded my OS (Ubuntu) to the next release. 

maratsade

Those system updates sure do eat broadband...

In any case, you can add those tokens to your system by clicking on "Use."

Yes they do eat up a lot of data.

You prob wont understand this:

but I had to upgrade the OS from version 20.04 to version 21.04

( skipping 1 release because it was no longer supported or other wise I would of had to upgrade through 3 versions. 

20.04> 20.10 > 21.04

But 20.10 is no longer supported so I went from 20.04 straight to 21.04. 

It downloaded 1722 packages 

But yes I would like to know where these free tokens came from Lol. 

maratsade

Sadly, I do understand it. 🙂

@CWM030 wrote:

Oh yeah? Are you a fellow Linux user? 😎😎 If so what Distro and DE? Or are you meaning that from a  Windows standpoint?

I haven't used Windows since Windows 7. I did try 10 for a little while before going full time Linux 2018 (I was still back and forth reformatting one for the other but finally went full linux and haven't looked back
@maratsade wrote:

Sadly, I do understand it. 🙂

@CWM030 wrote:

maratsade

I still use Windows, but I have one laptop with Linux Mint. 🙂

GabeU

They're assuredly tokens that were given by the reps for some reason, whether in anticipation of some testing that was going to be done or even as compensation for an outage or other issue, including something widespread that affected a lot of people.  

Two or three years ago there were two widespread, short lived outages for which they compensated people with 3GB of token data for each one.  One was in the evening on January 1st (2019 maybe?) and the other was either a few months prior to that or after it.  You weren't a customer at that time, but I'm just using those two things as examples of what they sometimes give data tokens for.  

It's also possible that there was some type of glitch in the system that has been giving you one each month.  The old daily refill legacy plans would get one free token per month, and the system could just have mistakenly given you the same.  

Enjoy em.  It's the magical digital gift horse.  LOL.  😁

Liz

Good morning CWM030,

Thanks for posting and providing a screenshot. Glad to see our community members have already jumped in to provide help. I pulled up your account to check on the token history and while that wasn't available, I instead checked your billing history. Thankfully yours is very consistent so there was nothing that indicated that tokens were purchased, so it does seem that those tokens were free. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good Morning @Liz !

Interesting, this just happened... I just noticed that I prematurly reset even though I have less than it looks like 48 hours left  ( if I counted that right ) before I reset.

And on top of that, I just noticed that I lost my 6 gigs of tokens 😞 

Screenshot at 2021-09-09 08-17-40.png

Good morning CWM030,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, that is very curious because on a couple tools on my end it shows differently: no service plan data, but your 6.5 GB data tokens are still there. I'm escalating this internally to see what's up with that. I'll post back once I have any news for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning CWM030,

Thank you for your patience while our folks are looking into this. This might take a while so I don't expect any news until next week. Please keep an eye on your usage and let me know how your data usage looks tomorrow on your typical data reset date.

Thanks,

Liz

Good morning CWM030,

I see that your usage meter look back to normal (complete with the accurate token data count). Our engineers are still interested in why last week it wasn't displaying correctly so they will continue looking into that. I'll keep this thread open for the rest of the week should anything change and you need to give an update (I suspect nothing will).

-Liz