Unauthorized payment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kclark79
Freshman

Unauthorized payment

Just like the many MANY other customers, HughesNet also took an unauthorized payment from me. I canceled the very slow and terrible service when a serviceman came out to see what was wrong with my equipmentment and told me HughesNet does not work well for streaming Netflix. I told him that’s all I wanted it for, I was misinformed and take the equipment because I don’t want service. He told me that he would put in my cancellation but they would mail a box for equipment. Almost 2 months later I received a box in the mail and the next day HughesNet took $408 out of my checking account without my permission. I never said ok to automatic payments. I never do with any of my bills. I was NEVER told that I was agreeing to automatic payments upfront and that I had to call later to request a paper bill. I heard that for the first time today on the phone with HughesNet, months after I’d started service. That’s their scam. And $408?! They said it was “tokens”. I had to google what a token even was! I never called and ordered tokens, they told me I did it from my account online, but I’ve never even used my account online!! It’s a scam and it’s sad. I am a single mom with 4 little boys, I worked so hard to save that money to buy them Christmas gifts and the exact same day I had money put in my account, HughesNet took it out! 10 days before Christmas! I talked to 4 different people on the phone. Got no where. I was waiting for my final bill to come in the mail and planned to pay for it with a different card, not my kids Christmas money! I still never got a bill in the mail!! I hope HughesNet is happy that they stole Christmas from 4 little boys. They could’ve at least waited a couple weeks to steal my money! That would’ve sat better with me than doing it with my kids Christmas money!!
I’m disgusted with HughesNet for taking money out of my account without ever asking my permission and I’m disgusted after reading how many other people this has happened to. I will be sure to post this on several different sites so that hopefully others don’t get screwed over the way I did.
12 REPLIES 12
Hardy

Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I have reviewed your billing, and I am going to have the issue escalated.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

*Felicia*

What do you mean escalated? One person I talked to told me over and over that he was on the escalation department which is the highest department there is. Then after 10 more min of repeating himself he told me he spoke with his manager (thought he was highest up?) and his manager would call me back in 30 min. That was 6 hours ago.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Kclark79

The reps here are corporate based reps.  If they say they're going to escalate it, they will do so and will stay on top of it until they get an answer to give to you.   

That would be great because everyone I talked to on the phone sounded like they were repeating a written script. One man on the phone told me they may be able to figure out a refund on December 24! What?! Christmas Eve?!?! That’s too late. I just want my money back so I can buy my kids Christmas gifts and pay HughesNet the way I intended to with the card I intended to. Not the money out of my account that I did not authorize them to use.

@Kclark79 wrote:
That would be great because everyone I talked to on the phone sounded like they were repeating a written script.

That's because they are repeating a written script.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Not to sound flippant, but I'm pretty sure the skillset required for Tier I telephone help is to be able to read/write American English and have a pulse.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I agree, they are just reading the same thing and sometimes their script doesn’t even match the question asked. So they just repeat themselves.

Officially 24 hours since HughesNet took payment out of my account without authorization from me and I started calling and emailing. No resolution at all. Does being patient mean waiting until after Christmas to get my kids Christmas money back?
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet reps on this site don't work weekends.  Check back Monday after 9 am.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Kclark79 wrote:
Officially 24 hours since HughesNet took payment out of my account without authorization from me and I started calling and emailing. No resolution at all. Does being patient mean waiting until after Christmas to get my kids Christmas money back?

Kimberly,

After reviewing the sales call, the terms and conditions were read to you in regards to automatic bill pay. You can review the terms and conditions here, under 6.2 Payment. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. 

Thanks,

*Felicia*

Kimberly,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

*Felicia*

Hardy

Kimberly,

I just wanted to update you that I am waiting to review your sales call. I appreciate your patience in all of this. 

Thanks,

*Felicia*