Unexpected data reset this morning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBuster
Senior

Unexpected data reset this morning

My month starts on the 2nd for the billing/data reset, but this morning my data reset again as though it is the beginning of the month. I notice that the data reset at 12:30am then briefly reverted at 2am to where it should be then reset again 2:15am.  Not sure what to label this as since I think my profile is fine?

Could someone check that my account did not get crossed with someone else and that extra billings are not happening to someone?  I still have plenty of GB as I do not come close to using my amount up and so do not need a reset to full of my data amount (or want an extra monthly bill 🙂

In checking in, I see by billing period still seems correct in the graph below, and no new unexpected invoices showed up, so I am guessing maybe someone accidentally hit a button and reset my data to full? Although I guess it is nice to get free data, this thing could cause trouble if it gets out of hand 🙂

Thanks!

Here is a snap shot of this morning (start time in Eastern Time)    Column N shows the unexpected restoring of Anytime data -- Bonus GB reset too, of course.  Blacked out columns are just the usage of the top 5 devices from the last 24 hours.

HughesNet20210819.png

Here is the graph from the Hughesnet portal of data usage which shows my data cycle begins on the 2nd, and the restore of my data in the middle of the month:

HughesNet20210819b.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning MrBuster,

Thank you for reaching out and providing all these details, that helps! I checked your account and it's clean as a whistle- no account changes or case activity in nearly a year, and a very consistent billing history! You did what I would do: check my billing online to make sure there's no extra charges.; there's no change there either. 

Seems like a "nice" glitch to have LOL but feel free to reach out again if this keeps happening or if you have other concerns. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Liz

Good morning MrBuster,

Thank you for reaching out and providing all these details, that helps! I checked your account and it's clean as a whistle- no account changes or case activity in nearly a year, and a very consistent billing history! You did what I would do: check my billing online to make sure there's no extra charges.; there's no change there either. 

Seems like a "nice" glitch to have LOL but feel free to reach out again if this keeps happening or if you have other concerns. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Yes, everything is working good.  Just having more data for free, although nice, could be a problem if a bunch of folks also had data reset and they were tempted to use it all up in a short period of time.

I will watch to see if it happens again, of course. 

Anybody else see this happen this morning?

Thank you!

You're welcome! I'll keep your thread open another week to let others chime in if anyone else wants to share that this happened to them too. This is my first time seeing this happen.

-Liz

Same thing happened to us yesterday morning.  Our data usualy resets on the 27th, and yesterday we awakened to 99% of our data being available fir the month.   If it was a glitch, it was a welcome one!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That's the kind of glitch you want. 🙂

@bookdiva96 wrote:

Same thing happened to us yesterday morning.  Our data usualy resets on the 27th, and yesterday we awakened to 99% of our data being available fir the month.   If it was a glitch, it was a welcome one!

@bookdiva96 wrote:

I am on beam 82 -- would you happen to be on the same beam?  You can find your the Beam ID on the bottom right corner of the 'System Information' screen.

It looks like the signal strength had an odd change when the data reset that morning, so I was wondering if there might have been a little dish repointing/maintenance at the Cheyenne gateway, and during the process somebody accidentally fat fingered something that reset some data buckets. Since we both reset the same morning, I am guessing you may be on the same gateway or beam because we reset the same morning.

I have never seen this happen before, but it does seem interesting.

Yes, we are on Beam 82. Still weird!

@bookdiva96 wrote:

Yes, we are on Beam 82. Still weird!

Seems this was something that happened on Beam 82 then.  I wonder how many people had their full monthly data restored?  If it was everyone AND they notice and start using the free data up quickly it could slow things down a bit until everyone gets back on their normal schedule.

Of course many folks might not have noticed and so will not be tempted to binge download.  Any guesses as to what percentage will notice the data reset?

ADisturbanceInTheBeam.png