Hughesnet Community

Unknown Primary Account Holder

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauledbates

Unknown Primary Account Holder

I am trying to cancel the service for my mom and dad and there is someone listed on the account as the primary account holder, the one who setup the account initially.  That person is not known by anyone in our family.  I even went as far as to search the entire state of Indiana for this person.  I suspect that the name is not correct and I know for a fact that my brother helped set this account up for our parents in 2016.  How do we get this sorted out?  Can Hughesnet try and contact this person to tell them to reach out to me?  We are at a point where we are going to stop paying the bill and let it go to collections.  My mom is in hospice and doesn't have long.  HELP!  I want to do this the right way, but someone at Hughesnet needs to also do the right thing.

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@pauledbates 

The only way to cancel, unfortunately, is by phone, but the reps here may be able to help with some information for that endeavor.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, and they usually reply within a working day.  

Thanks, I have been on the phone with them and the only way I got the name of the primary was by escalating to a supervisor.  Back on the phone tomorrow.  My brother is unable to login with his credentials.  Something isn't sitting right with any of this.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@pauledbates , What a thorny situation; I hope you'll get it resolved quickly.  But don't give up on this site yet. The reps here may be able to assist in some way, even if they can't directly cancel your account. Don't give up on them; wait to see what they have to say.