Upgraded & having acct. issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristiesue36
New Poster

Upgraded & having acct. issues

Admin-1/3/18 I upgraded to Gen 5. I was told I would receive modem in 4-7 days. I was given the price for 20gb $59.99 plus 9.99 equipment, and that price would be for 6 months, and then it would go up $10, for the remaining 6 minths if contract. I was told I couldnt start it on my 1st day of billing cycle but that there were no proration charges, and only a one year contract and after 3 months to call in for the next 3 months of $10 off ea month because he could only do 3 months at a time. I received order conf. email indicating a 2 yr contract and proration charges. On 1/9/18 I called and Sherry couldn't track my modem and had no record of it and offered a follow up. She implied UPS lost it. I told her I needed it resolved and my cell has no reception at home. She said thats all she could do but not to worry that I will be credited from Jan 3 until I receive my modem. I thanked her but my msin concern was my midem and my price. She told me the email conf was wrong and its only one year contract like the guy said. But that there are proration charges and that my bill will be close to $80 the next 6 months and then $90. This was not what I agreed to and was promised. She just said once you get your midem it will be "squared and you will be happy." Please admin resolve my concerns. Also, my test from my router to sattelight says excellent but i cant stream ever in the low standard def and get booted off my wifi a lot and we only email or do facebook. She couldnt troubleshoot because I wasnt at home. But at home I have no reception to call. Sorry this is long. Can you please help me and all my concerns I addressed. Perhaps emailing privately would work better. Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kristiesue36

The reps are very busy as of late, so to make sure that they see your post I will go ahead and tag them.  It can take them a day or two to reply, so please hang in there.     

@Liz @Amanda

Edit:  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so it's very likely that they will not answer until at least Monday.   Sorry about the delay.  😞

I still haven't received a follow up call like the phone rep promised. Still no gen 5 modem has arrived. It was ordered Jan. 3rd. I know the reps in the community are busy. I understand that.

Hi kristiesue36,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. We can certainly look into this for you. We'll post back once we have any news or additional questions for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks, Liz. I appreciate it! Hopefully you saw my first post sent last Thursday (1/10/18) that explains everything. I would just like everything resolved at once, from finding my new modem with UPS, to being able to use Gen 5, being charged the price I was told the first time for 6 months, and then the next 6 months is supposed to be the same amount that Ive been paying since I first signed up, finding out if it is one year contract as both teps stated, or a two year contract as my plan confirmation from Hughesnet stated. And, then be credited as the second rep said for not being able to use the Gen 5.

Also, I don't know what the upload speed is supposed to be, but my upload is 0.65 and often gets stuck...where it takes forever, netflix wont stream in standard or high def with full data alotment.

Thx for your help in resolving this for me.
Liz

Hi kristiesue36,

Thank you for your patience. I'm still investigating; but I just wanted to give you some information that I do have now.

Our contract commitments are normally 24 months, and that would've been the deal when one upgrades to Gen 5. So I'd like to try to find the call where you upgraded to see what exactly was discussed. 

As for the new HT2000w modem for your new Gen 5 service, there was a backlog with that model and we are currently addressing that. I've learned that modems should arrive in about 10 business days or less from Jan 11. 

I'll post back once I have more info about billling and that upgrade call.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz!

I haven't heard back from you in a couple of weeks so I wanted to find out what's going on with my billing, contract and uploading speed. You were going to pull the call to see what was discussed with Mark (I believe thats his name, I have it written at home) and then the second call with Cherie. Mark and Cheri both said a 1 year contract. Mark said $10 off for 6 months (but after 3 months said id have to call in for the last 3 months) He also said my total would be $10 less than what I was paying (do around $67) for 6 months and then the next 6 months of remaining vontract would be what I was paying when I called HN) so ($77)

Cheri had indicated UPS lost my order, you said it was backordered. Cheri said my bill would be adjusted. I did finally receive my modem on the night of Jan. 19th.

Also my bill should go from the 10th-9th of each month and due on the 10th. Lately its been due on the 9th.

My upload is only getting .25-.60mbps upload...its not even making the 1mbps

Thank you for your assistance in correcting my contract, fixing the monthly rate that Mark quoted to me, adjusting my bill for the lost modem and not being able to use it, and helping me fix my upload problem.

Kristie Starks

Hi Kristie,

Thanks for checking back in, still currently investigating but I do have some information for you regarding billing. Since you're on invoice billing, the due date will always be 30 days from the bill generation date (not including the due date). The due date falling on the 9th is not just a recent occurrence, I see it happened with your July 2016 bill as well. 

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.