cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage depleted overnight. All updates set during free time.

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Re: Usage depleted overnight. All updates set during free time.

(((((((((((((Lea)))))))))))))

I was just reading through the whole post and at 1 point I asked if your router had data monitoring built in and I found you reply a little farther down and I guess we all missed where you said the router does track your data usage. could you post a screen shot of that page from your router. it will be all we need to determine if the data is coming from your end or not.
Lea

These were taken about 4:50 this morning. There were no problems yesterday. I can't tell anything about the router traffic meter.  Not sure that is even the page you need. The Glasswire is for the week. 

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Oh yes this will work perfectly. in the Glasswire program we need to clear the data in it to start fresh, follow the screen shots if you dont know how to clear it then wen need to clear the routers data monitor but Im not sure how to do that so I will have to check on that unless you already know so some one else here may know then we can what your router says you have used in a 1 day period and Glasswire and Hughesnet and see how they compare. the router should be the correct one
Lea

I'm in the middle of a data drop.  Should have had about 80% when I started a few minutes ago and dropped to 45 now. I will clear my programs and see what I can up up with later.  Have to go out for awhile.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Looking at this scree shot it looks like its your google Chrome. are you using Ad Blocker Pro to stop the Ads?
Liz

Hi Lea,

Thank you for this screenshot. So between 4:50 am this morning until you said you "started a few minutes ago" around 11 am, no one was using the computer? We'd like to know what PC activity was taking place between the 4:50 am and 11:06 am screenshots. Was the PC on and still directly connected to the modem? Was a browser open? On what site was the browser left open?

We look forward to hearing back from you. Also, as a reminder, you still have the tokens we gave you before to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Lea

The computer was used off and on this morning.  No browsers are ever left open.  When I returned to the computer it should have been around 80%.  I opened Google Chrome and went straight to Hughenet community to check in.  That is when I noticed I was at 65%.  While I was trying to post a comment it dropped to 46%.  The modem was plugged into the router.  I do have an Iphone that was connected to wifi, again, I was not using the phone.  I never have issues with my cell data getting anywhere near going over.  My phone is not set to get push notifications or update without permission.  
As you can see Glasswire said I had used 188.9 MB and my Hughesnet meter said I had used 263.  That leaves 74.1 MB that went somewhere, I believe faster than I can download from Hughsnet on a normal day. I took the screenshot to show the difference.  I have not had the chance to unplug from the router and use my computer for an hour.  

I am not using Ad Blocker Pro.  I did go to Google Chrome's advanced settings and uncheck the box that said "continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed.  But that is not where the 74.1 MB went because it would have shown up on Glasswire.  
Liz

Hi Lea,

Thanks for checking in.  Let us know when you have the chance to unplug from the router and use your computer for an hour, and please include those before and after screenshots of your Status Meter. Connecting your PC directly to the modem eliminates the router and any wireless devices, this will help us narrow down where data is being used.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Lea

Just completed my approximate one hour test of using the internet with only this computer connected directly to the modem.  I spent about 25 minutes signing enrolling in our healthcare plan and then surfing...pintrest, facebook, foxnews, cnn, aol, yahoo, checked email...etc... the first 45 minutes it stayed at 44% and then dropped to 38 over the next 15 minutes.  As you will see on my screen shots I am including my hughesnet meter and my glasswire meter.  In the second shot they seem to have caught up with each other. 
Lea

I have been reading posts about people having data loss problems.  All I see is router, router, router, and in progress.  Does Hughesnet work with a router or not?  If so, what kind of router works?