cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage depleted overnight. All updates set during free time.

New Poster

Re: Usage depleted overnight. All updates set during free time.

Ok let me do some research, There is a post somewhere but I cant find it that pertains to unidentified data usage from netgear routers so I will keep looking for it also. I will get back with you this afternoon.

New Poster

Also I need to know what version  NetGear WNR1000 you have? there are several different versions. lol
New Poster

I see that McAfee does Definition updates every day but I didnt find how large they are. I know with some antivirus programs those can be very large files. have you set yours to update during the free period?

Just curious - if your neighbors all have DSL, why in the world would you choose Hughesnet?  Almost every HN customer is waiting for the day that anything else is available!
New Poster

David I dropped DSL for Hughes and Im getting far better service and speed then I ever did with DSL.
Lea

My line zig zags across the field.  You can't have more than 18000 feet to have DSL.  There is 21,0000 feet of line between my house and the switching station.  I haven't convinced the phone company to re-run my line yet.
Lea

We left the house today at 4:15 pm.  My meter said 86%.  No one at home....my meter at 9:00 pm  said Download Allowance Exceeded.  50% would have been 250 MB.  So, more than 350 MB disappeared today! 
Lea

The bottom of the router says N150 wireless router WNR1000. Haven't had a chance to check for firmware updates, but have never had a problem with this router.
Lea

Possibly WNR1000v3
That is whats listed when I check on my computer.
New Poster

Ok I will see what I can find, but there is a big post somewhere about netgear routers having unexplained data usage, just for fun go to the community home page and in the search bar type in Netgear router and look at all of the posted related to them.