cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We ended up not canceling the service, yet it says we got charged anyway?

Highlighted
Junior

We ended up not canceling the service, yet it says we got charged anyway?

What is this?

Nov 19, 2020   HNS*HughesNet.com   $100.00

Someone explain this to us!

They told us that canceling the service would cost more than just running it for 2 more months. We said then ok, don't cancel it yet. Then what is this charge now? Having 2 more months 92 dollars, canceling it is 100. Why would we cancel it then? Why did they cancel it? They told us on the phone that we can just keep it for 2 more months and there is no cancelation fee then. What are these people doing? 

I'm getting mad. This is ridiculous.

Now I have to jump a 1000 hoops to get back my 8 dollars? What is happening? Why did it got canceled if they told us that it's just cheaper to keep it for 2 more months? I actually wanted to keep the service for 2 more months. If it' cheaper to keep it, why would I cancel it? It would make no sense! Who do we have to talk to solve this issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Re: We ended up not canceling the service, yet it says we got charged anyway?

Sounds pretty convoluted -- I hope the reps here can figure this out for you tomorrow.  @Liz , @Remy , @Damian 

Highlighted
Junior

I don't know but I hope I get an explanation soon, because I was expecting to have backup Internet in the next 2 months, yet looks like I'm not going to have it.

We were ok with the 2 more months. She even got us a number (cancelation number?) that confused me, as to why would we get a number like that if we are ok with paying the 2 more months and have the HughesNet Internet for backup? I thought it's the cancelation number for the time when the 24 months are done.

I'd like to have the rest of the time, for that 2 more months. I don't know why did they do this. Why would they even think that I'm ok to get charged for $100 for nothing, If I can get service (even if I don't use it, just have it for a backup) for $92?

Highlighted

I imagine it may have been a misunderstanding, and I hope the reps here can fix it for you.  They can check your account and figure out what's going on and hopefully do whatever is necessary to rectify things. Nothing you can do tonight, so don't let it drive you nuts. 

Highlighted
Junior

Maybe. I have an accent and the lady on the phone also had an accent.

I like taking care of business in emails, but we only found a phone number for this issue. 

Highlighted

Cancellation can only be done by phone, so if there's any kind of language issue, it's going to pop up for sure. But here you're writing and the reps are writing, so you should be OK. You need a nice glass of wine now to relax. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Junior

You are right, I should stop freaking out. Every time I did talk to reps on this forum, things worked out. Hopefully, they can solve the issue somehow.