Hughesnet Community

Why can't I pay BEFORE the due date?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cara Jones

Why can't I pay BEFORE the due date?

I get paid on X date.  I know how  much my bill will be.  BUT, I cannot make a payment (which would result in a CREDIT balance) on the 2nd.  I MUST wait until the 12th!  I pay bills when I am paid and have the funds there BEFORE the due date . . . but HughesNet doesn't want my money?!
2 REPLIES 2
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Cara,

Due to past billing issues I always make manual, early one time only payments.

It does require than you be very careful when doing so.

Here is the process.

Click on the pictures for larger images.

First go here:

http://my.hughesnet.com/

That gives this:

Click the yellow highlighted area:

Here you have to enter your SAN

remember to capitalize the letters DSSxxxxxx when doing so

If you do not know your SAN you can find it near the top center of the modems SCC main page found by entering 192.168.0.1 in your browsers address bar:

Entering your SAN, ZIP and captcha info you get this:

You then are asked to select a question.

I get an error if I select and answer anything other than the phone number associated with my account:

Select the "Advance Payment" option

the "apply to" can be left blank

Enter the amount you intend to pay

I pay by eCheck:

NOW HERE IS WHERE IT GETS STICKY AND I THINK DECEPTIVE:

BY DEFAULT HUGHES CHECKS THE BOX NEAR THE END OF THE PAGE.

THAT BOX, IF "CHECKED" AUTHORIZES HUGHES TO "AUTO PAY" FROM THAT ACCOUNT FROM THEN ON ..........

MAKE SURE YOU UNCHECK THAT BOX BEFORE PROCEDING WITH THE PAYMENT PROCESS.

The remainder is rather straight forward. The amount you specified is deducted from your account immediately.

I always take a "copy/paste" of the "successful payment and paste it to a notepad "receipt".

In a moment or two, you can verify that the payment "took" by going here:

http://my.hughesnet.com/

Logging in and finding your payment listed as a "credit" like mine is here:

I have been using this method for over 10 yrs to pay my bill electronically, early but at my convenience.

You just have to be very careful to insure that you indeed did remove the "checkmark".

Liz

Good morning Cara, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We want to address your concerns, so please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account. We can change your bill/due date to one closer to when you get paid so it makes things more convenient for you. Gwalk's method works for paying in advance, but as he stated, he pays by e-Check; using auto-pay with a credit/debit card saves you $5 a month.

We look forward to hearing back from you so we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!