Why is my bill going up every month?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joep1016
New Poster

Why is my bill going up every month?

Have been a hughes net customer since October 2016.  I have had lots of issues and lots of frustration getting them resolved.  some issues I just gave up on till now.  in the last 3 months my bill has gone from 129 to 142 to 153.  I know i'm not using hardly any of my data.  so why is the bill going up.  I have tried many times to update my settings like address and phone but the system says i'm not authorized to change them.  I have tried many times to view my current or past bills and get an error message every time.  the error message says to call customer support  if the problem persists.  I did that and was on hold for 31 min and got hung up on.  I just got into this community system and read of the horrers that are hughes net.  snd that is why i am starting this.  I wold like for someone to contact me either here or on the phone to get these issues fixed.  based on what i have read in these boards I'm sure it will take months.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi joep1016,

I'm unable to make changes to your account since you're a business (SME) subscriber. With your initial concern, I sent it over to our Enterprise department to address. For immediate tech support for business customers, please call 1-800-347-3272 so we can get you back online.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Good morning joep106,

I've merged your other thread with this one to avoid discussing the same issues in two places. I checked your account and I see you've already called in last night and had your billing concerns addressed and received credit. For future reference, if you want to see a detailed breakdown of your bill to figure out what charges you have, click the View Site Details link in the bottom left corner of your bill:

This way you can compare the charges with your previous bills and determine any differences.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Yeah I saw that and that was the heartburn I had.  I got charged 29.95 for a tech to come out and tell me that my dish was not installed correctly.  it is on a pole in the ground and because of all the rain we have had the dirt around the little bit of cement he put around the pole is very soft and the pole was just wobbleing around when the wind hit it.  Now I am scheduled for him to come out and re do it.  and I will get charged again for this service call.  yes I got a credit on my bill but I don't think a customer should have to pay for something that is the companys mistake.  I lost service for almost a week and the first tech just did a temp fix.   and I'm still waiting for the other tech to come and re install.  he'll be here monday I hope.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I am not sure if @Liz would be able to do anything about that with you being an SME customer...  But would you mind sharing a picture that shows the concrete if it's readily visible?  Installers are required to use a rather hefty amount of quick setting cement (mine used 3, 80 pound bags) in a rather deep and wide hole...  How old is your install for reference for the community?

My install was last Oct and the hole was about as big around as the post hole diggers.  i think he maybe put a half bag of concrete around it.  Got it re installed yesterday and they mounted to the side of my building which is what I wanted the first installer to do.  This installer took the pole and concrete with him so I can't take a picture of the concrete.  he also told me tjey are required to put at least 120 Lbs around the pole.  The hole is still there and not very deep either.  I wear a size 10 shoe and the hole is not that wide.  if you can picture that. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@joep1016

That definitely sounds like a sub par install to me.  There should have been a lot more concrete, that's for sure.  My original install was in 2004 and I think I would have to run into that pole with a Mack truck before it would move a millimeter.  🙂

Hopefully the new install on the building is nice and solid and should work the way it's intended.