"sales call review" to be performed my account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yamilking
Freshman

"sales call review" to be performed my account

Requesting a sales call review due to being mislead and to have my contract terminated without cancellation fees.

I switched service from Claro Puerto Rico to HughesNet, because I was having buffering issues with Claro Puerto Rico.  Both the sales call & also the installation technician assured me that with HughesNet's 25 Mb/sec service, I would have superior service.  The sales call did not fully explain the data cap.  My understanding of data usage is from my cell phone usage ~~ that as long as I was connected to WiFi, I was NOT using data.  Today, I received a phone call from HughesNet to an email survey in which I expressed dissatisfaction with HughesNet service ~~ specifically frequent loss of WiFi connection.  I was shocked at what I learned ~~ that I used up my 20 GB/month allowance and as a result my speed decreased to less than 2 MB/sec causing the frequent loss of WiFi.  I was also shocked to learn that w/ HughesNet I consume data while WiFi connected.  This data usage while WiFi connected was not fully explained explained when I signed up for HughesNet.  This is worse service than I had with Claro Puerto Rico at yet a higher cost.  I learned that with HughesNet CONSTANT data usage [for email, Internet, program updates, video, ....] & if I downgraded HiDef video to std def, I'd be using ~.7 GB/hr at which rate I'd be using up my 20 GB in 24-28 hrs usage/month, or 60 min/day

12 REPLIES 12
MarkJFine
Professor

Are you sure you heard correctly? If your phone is connected to the HughesNet via wifi and it's using the wifi to connect to the internet, what service did you think it was getting the internet from? It's not getting it from your phone provider. Also, if you have your phone set for wifi calling (which doesn't work well on satellite internet because of latency issues) it too is using your wifi data.

Secondly, your HughesNet high-speed data package has nothing to do with losing wifi - the wifi signal between your phone and the modem is completely different from internet signal between the modem and the satellite (etc.). Loss of wifi is more due to being too far away from the modem. Also, it's rather standard for salespeople to explicitly explain how the speed is throttled down once the high-speed data is used up for the period.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

you dont know what you talking about , you no live in my house. thanks bye

Pretty sure it works the way I just said for everyone, but you be you.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@yamilking wrote:

you dont know what you talking about , you no live in my house. thanks bye

Before this thread get out of hand. This community is designed to be peer to peer support. With that said you can request that only HN  respond to your thread. Most others will respect your wishes.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

With that said you can request that only HN  respond to your thread. Most others will respect your wishes.

This practice may lead to long wait times or even no responses at all, if the question/issue can be answered by a subscriber.  The mods normally intervene when subscribers can't answer a query because we don't have access to records, tools, or other personnel.  

Thank you!!

Hi yamilking,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

"Requesting a sales call review due to being mislead and to have my contract terminated without cancellation fees."

If  you're a residential (as opposed to business) subscriber, and your sales call was within 3-4 months, the mods here can pull it and check what was said.  Turnaround tends to be about 7 business days, and they contact you about the results using  private message, on this site. 

GabeU

@yamilking wrote:

My understanding of data usage is from my cell phone usage ~~ that as long as I was connected to WiFi, I was NOT using data.  Today, I received a phone call from HughesNet to an email survey in which I expressed dissatisfaction with HughesNet service ~~ specifically frequent loss of WiFi connection.  I was shocked at what I learned ~~ that I used up my 20 GB/month allowance and as a result my speed decreased to less than 2 MB/sec causing the frequent loss of WiFi.  I was also shocked to learn that w/ HughesNet I consume data while WiFi connected.   

WiFi is nothing more than a connection method.  It's the wireless alternative to a direct LAN (Ethernet) cable connection.  Any internet activity performed while using a device that is connected to the HughesNet modem via WiFi will use your HughesNet data, just like if the device were connected to the HughesNet modem via LAN cable.

With this said, though I'm sure the sales call review Liz is working on will cover whether the high speed data cap was explained to you, it may not include any discussions concerning WiFi, or a lack thereof, as the sales reps aren't responsible for explaining how WiFi works or that using devices connected via WiFi use internet data.

The wifi is not the big issue right here people, the big reason a my most important concern is that I choose to get Hughsnet because a rep told me that for my needs I only need 20g plan and the 20g longlast no more that 2 days....... and now my internet service is worst and expensive than the one before.

Good morning yamilking,

Just letting you know we're still looking into this, I've pinged my contact for an update on her progress on this call review. It's a unique situation as I've never had a request for a call that's in Spanish. In any case, I'll post back by tomorrow to address your concerns.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hello yamilking,

I've just received an update on your case. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM with the sales call review details.

Thanks,

Liz