davidvperdue
New Poster

my bill

Why was my bill 86dollars I haven't bought extra data
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@davidvperdue 

You can sign into the HughesNet MyAccount site, hover over My Account and click on My Bill.  On that page you can look at current and prior invoices, including a breakdown of each invoice to see what the higher charge was for.  To see the further breakdown, scroll down and click on the blue links while viewing a particular invoice. 

Perhaps a discount ended or there was an extra tax.  Some jurisdictions have a tax that is applied once a year. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU

@davidvperdue 

You can sign into the HughesNet MyAccount site, hover over My Account and click on My Bill.  On that page you can look at current and prior invoices, including a breakdown of each invoice to see what the higher charge was for.  To see the further breakdown, scroll down and click on the blue links while viewing a particular invoice. 

Perhaps a discount ended or there was an extra tax.  Some jurisdictions have a tax that is applied once a year. 

So I still have the same plan which is 20 gigs a month for 70 dollars the reason why it was 86 dollars because of taxes?
GabeU

@davidvperdue wrote:
So I still have the same plan which is 20 gigs a month for 70 dollars the reason why it was 86 dollars because of taxes?

I have no clue.  You'll have to look.  Keep in mind that there is a $14.99 equipment lease fee.  I have the 20GB plan and my bill is $86.59 each and every month.

If you want a rep to give you the breakdown you'll likely have to wait until at least Monday, as they're normally on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  There is a rep that is sometimes on in the evenings, however.