cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promises of bigger better faster cheaper Ultra

grbarker

Promises of bigger better faster cheaper Ultra

Technical support told me (after complaining) that I would have a new faster and cheaper plan available soon. No details as to when nor the cost. I am beginning to suspect this is not true. Only a ploy to keep me as a customer while charging an excessive amount.
6 REPLIES 6
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: Promises of bigger better faster cheaper Ultra

They may have been talking about after the new satellite is launched and online but they can't know the outcome even if everything goes perfectly. They shouldn't have said that. Do you have a case number and/or a name?
Chris11
Alum

Hi grbarker,

Thanks for posting and welcome. I'm also inclined to say that they were probably talking about the new Satellite launch. Depending on the level of support you reached, they are allowed to speak about it just not in specifics. Although our actual launch is public, and is set for December 16th. Plans and pricing at this moment we don't even know yet and we're at the corporate level. More info will be released soon. In the mean time let me see if we can help you here. Can you elaborate on what you are experiencing?

Thank you,
Chris
elvinbh

I hope it fixes the SS internet [ super slow ] in my area. Because customer service has not  called me back, to help me find the problem to the SS internet. I have sent 4 emails this week and still no help. I figure they just can not fix a sales pitch of fast internet when it is not available. The sales dept. needs to be informed that Hughesnet can not provide high speed internet just slow! I have tried every tweak that the community offered , but I should have known better because they are still having the same problem. I believe HN and Excede went to the same business school. Get them in contract then laugh. I am self employed and I would never treat my customers like  HN does .  If there is a problem I do what ever I can to make it right with the customer. 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

elvinbh,

This community is a better place to get help with speed related issues as the reps on here are at the corporate level, whereas the phone reps are not. 

If you would like help with your particular speed issues, it would be best if you started your own post, which you can do by clicking on the "New Post" button at the top of the page.   If you do not already have some speed tests performed at testmy.net, you will need to perform some.     The instructions for doing so are on the following page...

http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

http://testmy.net/

One thing not mentioned in the instructions, but which is VERY important, is to make sure that when you perform the tests you do so with a single device connected directly to the modem with a LAN cable.  NO ROUTER.

You should run a block of five tests, with each test spaced five minutes apart.  You should run a block of the five tests a few times a day, preferably in the morning, afternoon and evening, if you are able, though that's not always possible for everyone. 

Make sure to use the 12MB manual test size as instructed. 

When you've gotten some tests in, you can post the URL like shown in the instructions so your results can be looked at. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

It will be interesting to see how the new satellite is going to be "introduced".

Remember when Spaceway3 was launched it required a new modem/TRIA.

The same when J-1 was launched. Not many details have been released about J-2.

We will just have to wait to see how radically different J-2 is from J-1. They are both built on the same basic platform but that system has a wide range of Bells, Whistles.

Chris11
Alum

Hi Jezra,

I have no idea. We don't know anything about plans at this point. I think the focus right now is getting the thing up there safely.

- Chris