Hughesnet Community

Plan Transition and Monthly Bill Increase of $5?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

Plan Transition and Monthly Bill Increase of $5?

Hi, We have been on a 10GB plan for YEARS and that plan has suited us fine. Granted, the pricing has always been a little high but we have made it work. This past year with the help of the Hughesnet Reps here in the community, while difficult, our billing was manageable thanks to a monthly discounted rate. We have been receiving a discount on our monthly bill to help make it a little more affordable but this is the last month for this discount. Our billing will go back up to the normal $66.95 per month for the 10Gb plan come the next billing cycle. With some crunching of our budget, I made it work so that come next month we can continue our service without any interuption....that was until yesterday.....

I received the monthly billing statement yesterday (loving the new statements as they include the actual charges being billed to my credit card now) BUT..... at the bottom of the email, in orange, was the following message

On 02/09/2022, your HughesNet plan will transition to the new 15 GB plan. This new plan includes 50% more data each month than your current plan. At the same time your monthly price will increase by $5."

While more data is always a blessing, I never requested this new plan, especially at a $5 increase to my bill.

$5 may not sound like alot but I've already squeezed every single cent from our budget already and we don't qualify for any assistance. We ended up cancelling our DirectTv (3 months back) to eliminate some of our monthly obligation and now use some of the free apps on our tv...(they don't work very well..but a little something is better than nothing). 

Can you please hold off on this plan transition and cost increase until I can figure up what else to do. We just simply can't afford it....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here's our FAQ on the plan and pricing changes:

https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/account_billing/planchange

To answer why:

Beginning February 1, 2022 our portfolio of plans will change to better reflect our customers’ needs and help cover the rising cost of service delivery. Most customers will see the change effective on their February bill date. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Hi bare65,

Thanks for reaching out! Have you considered the FCC Affordable Connectivity Program? Was that one of the programs you looked into as well? Eligible households get up to a $30 monthly credit for internet service – including HughesNet. Learn more on our website: https://www.hughesnet.com/acp

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Liz, your link isn't working, but we did look into this last year when it was first introduced but we didn't come close to qualifying for it.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bare65 

Try this...

https://www.hughesnet.com/acp

Somehow Liz's link has a space or two at the end, which is what's making it screwy.

Thanks Gabe! I thought I deleted all the spaces, thanks for the tip. I've edited my post to correct the link

bare65, please check your PMs, I've sent you a message to address your concerns.

-Liz

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Here's the thing.. I never requested a plan change in the first place. Why is my plan being changed? Is the 10GB plan no longer being offered because there is no mention of a 15GB plan for my area. It goes 10GB, 20GB and so on... Being that I've had this plan for years now, I should be grandfathered into it no? Is this "plan transition" merely a gimmick or excuse to raise the plan prices in general?

Here's our FAQ on the plan and pricing changes:

https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/account_billing/planchange

To answer why:

Beginning February 1, 2022 our portfolio of plans will change to better reflect our customers’ needs and help cover the rising cost of service delivery. Most customers will see the change effective on their February bill date. 

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Liz, as always thank you for your quick replies and help in this matter, as well as the link to the plan and pricing FAQ page.

Take care,

You're welcome, bare65!

-Liz

GW
Advanced Tutor

I received my plan change letter in the mail. Neither the letter or the FAQ say anything about the Bonus Zone hours when I dio most of my work. (I get up early). Does this change at all?

Bonus Zone hours remain the same.

-Liz