cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Windows 10 Update August 2

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: Big Windows 10 Update August 2

Plus a one day bill credit does not equal one day of data credit depending on the plan.

It is basically giving MS Windows favoritism and some made that clear the last time they gave a break for a Windows update.

So a break whenever there is an iOS, Android, Linux update? It is what Bonus time is for. Can't believe a lot of people aren't up at 6 Am getting ready for work and can't start a download.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Also, the size of the total update process can vary.  Mine was 3.7GB, but that doesn't mean everyone else had the same. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

My Linux Mint 17.3 updated yesterday to the tune of 85 MB
It was well within my plan limits so no give-aways needed here.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Gwalk the smartie pants. Mint is sweet, most likely my next primary OS, sure won't be Windows 10.

In fact think I'll dual boot into it now and get updates. Thanks for the reminder.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Oh, come on now.  Windows 10 is the greatest, best, most wonderful OS ever created!  It can do....well....lots of things, and they are all super duper great!  I mean...Cortana!  And some super great "Connect" thing.  I don't know what it is, but it's super great. 

Back to reality.  I like Mint, as well.  It works well, does what it's supposed to, it's easy to update what you want and when you want, and it's truly free, not free with an asterisk.  Plus, it's real easy on the resources.  It doesn't take much to run Mint.  There are all kinds of programs for it, as well, and again, free.  Heck, it looks good, too. Smiley Happy  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
sallynug

Well I just lost 9GB today!
sallynug

I wish I had $40-60K laying around... I would have fiber optic internet... 1 mile, just 1 mile away from fiber!
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
sallynug

That's insane! 9GB for a windows update!