cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Sweepstakes - Win a Prestige Grill, Bose Speakers and More!!!

Highlighted

Re: Community Sweepstakes - Win a Prestige Grill, Bose Speakers and More!!!

Somewhere I read that the winner will be informed by e-mail. That would be a perfect opportunity to solicit mailing address and phone number. Just sayin'.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

meh, in the end my address and phone number is listed in the phone book so its not like we were disclosing national secrets.

Highlighted

Ours isn't, but that's not the point. It's just my curiosity. I'll bet Woobox is a reseller of this data. 
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Around here the worst is the state of Michigan. They sell everything they can about you.

I get multiple calls weekly about buying extended auto warranty's for vehicles we haven't had in years.

After Michigan, every other source of info is a piker.

Highlighted

Jezra is correct. And, the telemarketers are getting very aggressive!  
Highlighted

We ask for the SAN number so that we can check to make sure users are in good standing at the time of the winner selection process. We will also use this to cross-check that someone did not enter the quiz multiple times with different emails but the same SAN. The contest is 1 entry per SAN, but people often go around the rules entering from multiple email accounts, or multiple computers (IP addresses), so this will allow us to make sure it is one entry per household. 
For the traditional mailing address and phone number, that is to cut out one step once the winners are selected. Since American Sweepstakes will be doing the prize distribution, it makes it easier for them to already have all of this information in front of them once the winners are selected. Phone numbers are often included in shipping forms, which is why that is included here.  

Let me know if you need anything else!
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Let me know if you need anything else!

Some Bose speakers to put in the screenhouse would be nice !  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

The paranoid among us have Abine's Blur, formerly known as Do Not Track Me service. Their FREE services are pretty cool, and their PREMIUM are even cooler e.g. you can get a masked telno from them (and credit cards and other). Then you give everyone your masked telno and if anyone abuses it you can simply tell Abine to block them.

It is amazing how many people have our number. I've been trying for a couple years now to change my telno with every place that has it, and I ain't got 'em all yet...
Highlighted

The paranoid among us have Abine's Blur, formerly known as Do Not Track Me service. Their FREE services are pretty cool, and their PREMIUM are even cooler e.g. you can get a masked telno from them (and credit cards and other). Then you give everyone your masked telno and if anyone abuses it you can simply tell Abine to block them.

It is amazing how many people have our number. I've been trying for a couple years now to change my telno with every place that has it, and I ain't got 'em all yet...
Highlighted

Great