cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC Internet Regs on Net Neutrality

Highlighted
Admin

FCC Internet Regs on Net Neutrality

We've had several thought-provoking posts on this lately, so we asked our corp officers for their thoughts.    

“We have been closely tracking the activity at the FCC and continue
to watch the developments in relation to this order. We are fully committed to
providing our customers with the best Internet experience we possibly
can and continue to develop our services to ensure we achieve that for
our customers. We will evaluate all of the requirements and of course, intend
to comply with the appropriate regulations if and when they are implemented.”

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Re: FCC Internet Regs on Net Neutrality

Katie,

Do you see the Net Neutrality ruling having any application to Hughes residential subscribers ?

It would seem that the ruling applies to Broadband  and that has be defined as being 25 Mbps.

The top rated Hughes plan being 15 Mbps and therefore is to be considered High speed  rather than "Broadband".

Highlighted

Afternoon, Katie and Gwalk900  -still learning as for the computer lingo does baffle me at times !!!!
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Depends Jezra, as mobile phone networks are all going 4G LTE now, they meet broadband requirements so of course the regulations would apply to them in some form.  We just have to wait and see.
Highlighted

I just crawled back out of fcc.gov empty handed. Do you have a URL for the documents you are referring to?
Highlighted

From what I have read cellular is included.  While Satellite isn't mentioned I would be amazed if it wasn't included.  The reason Dial-up isn't mentioned is because it is over the telephone line that already is under FCC Regulation.  I can't figure out if DSL is in there if I am correct DSL is provided by the Telephone Company and is already under the FCC.  It is common place for the term Broadband being used in a release but what counts is what is spelled out in the 317 page proclamation.
Highlighted

Yea that is that grey area that hasn't been released I was going to check the federal registry later to see if is is there.  It is supposed to be there sometime this week.