cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaceway / HN9000 Service - What Happened

Spaceway / HN9000 Service - What Happened

Many of you know that there was a service outage for customers who receive their HughesNet service via the SPACEWAY satellite. The satellite experienced an event resulting in the spacecraft temporarily dropping user traffic. Events like this are extremely rare and the satellite responded exactly as designed for a situation like this.

Our engineers worked around the clock to get the service back up and running, and your service has been restored. It was a complex and lengthy process involving multiple teams. The SPACEWAY satellite is fully functional and operating normally.

We have added a free 1GB Restore Token to accounts that were impacted. A Restore Token is a set amount of data that gets added to your account for your use while online with HughesNet. Once you have used up the data allowance you have as a part of your plan, you will automatically begin using the extra GB that has been added to your account. This will allow you to continue using your service without interruption or slow-down. You can see this additional 1GB of Token Bandwidth if you use the HughesNet Status Meter, or by checking the bandwidth visible from your modem’s web interface, at http://www.systemcontrolcenter.com.

Your Restore Token does not have an expiration date. This Token has been automatically applied to your account, so you do not need to log into your HughesNet account to activate it.  Also, if you don’t use the whole Token at any one time, the unused portion will remain in your account to be used as needed.

Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your understanding.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Spaceway / HN9000 Service - What Happened

If you still cannot access the internet on your HN9000, please try power-cycling your modem. The best way to do this is to unplug your power cord from the brick, not the wall or the back of the modem (as shown here)

If powercycling does not restore connection, please give us a call at 866.347.3292, we may have to walk you through some processes to address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Still having issues in Alabama. Called many times and we are told our equipment is working. Last time we called we had to hang up because you were having problems. We have done what you recommended. Still nothing.

For Liz-  Also posted in Amanda's chat-

For Amanda - Kudo's to your system engineers and System software folks for resolving most of the issues and getting the system back up.  As a retired Chief Systems Engineer specializing in advanced system architecture and security, and having been in similar situations, I know the dedication, knowledge and effort required to resolve a problem of that magnitude.  I have been a customer since the early Direcway days and never has there been a problem of this magnitude.  Despite what some are saying about support, my experience has been overwhelmingly positive.  Please give my compliments on your support and recovery efforts to at least your Division VP.  (I can remember when Hughes was only doing "Black" things) . A comment - more information tends to reduce speculation and complaints!

My service is so slow i can't use what i purchase in a month, and you don't care, your token only means you have taken more from me. Thanks Hughes Net

1Gb is not near enough. Been out since the evening of Monday, Aug 3, now being the evening of Friday, Aug 8, I'm think you need to offer a better comp.
Honorary Alumnus

You really don't know if they care or not .... this being based on the fact that you have only made a single post in the Community.

That being said ...... You haven't stated any details as to the type of service you have .... usually based on modem type (DW6000/HN7000s, HN9000 "Legacy" (read daily refill), HN9000 monthly "Gen4 wannabe" or HT1000/HT1100 true Gen4 system) or plan level you have within the stated platforms.

The range in speeds in the above mentioned systems is considerable.

Have you ran any speed tests (5 tests in a row, done three times in 24 hours ?

http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com/

Beyond that:

What operating system are you on ?

Are you using a Router ? (brand, model)

Are you connected directly to the Modem(?) or Router by wire ?

or Wirelessly ?

Have the tokens been credited yet? Just curious.....

Sounds like you are a know it all twit, I have had this service for more than 6 of the past 8 years and I know good or bad, you need more to do than scrool through here telling me how smart you are, go away!