cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New service, extremely slow

romeojones
Freshman

With all of the complaints and bad press / negative Youtube reviews I think they would care enough to address the complaints. A glitzy website and bubbly commercial got me into a $400 rat trap. Lesson learned, always check for reviews.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Checking the reviews is good advice, but keep in mind too that it's a good idea to have a balanced view. There are negative reviews about all the ISPs from people for whom the systems don't work as well as they expected. Just check the negative reviews about other ISPs and you'd think all of them are awful.  The problem is that those people who have few or no issues, or who are happy with the service don't post, and so all people read are bad reviews and so they get a skewed view. 

In any case, yes, it'd be great, like you said in a previous post, if there were a trial period, but there isn't, so getting as much information as possible before calling to subscribe is a good idea. 

romeojones wrote:
With all of the complaints and bad press / negative Youtube reviews I think they would care enough to address the complaints. A glitzy website and bubbly commercial got me into a $400 rat trap. Lesson learned, always check for reviews.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@romeojones 

You always have the option of taking advantage of this Support Community by creating a new topic and asking for such.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
romeojones
Freshman

Well, it's actually unusable after 8pm. I just started doing something else instead.
GabeU

@romeojones 

If you're having issues with your service, you should start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Canarygramma7
New Poster

Except it won't let you post there.  🤷🏼‍♀️ I think it is away to stifle unhappiness with service.

GabeU

@Canarygramma7 wrote:

Except it won't let you post there.   

Yes, it does.  Anyone with a HughesNet Support Community account can start a new topic in any section except "About the Community".