Deceptive practices to retain customers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jalapeno
Freshman

Deceptive practices to retain customers

Beware! I have been lied to by at least 2 reps as to the status of my commitment.  When I called to complain and even to terminate service, reps offered me a better plan with no additional cost in order to retain my business, while ASSURING me I was still month to month with no contract or additional commitment.    When on at least 2 phone calls, I reiterated over and over to the rep, to assure me that I am not under contract or commitment, and they agreed.  Today when I tried to cancel service, I was told that I AM under contract and have to pay up to a $400 early termination fee.   

6 REPLIES 6
Remy

Jalapeno,

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Community! I was able to take a look into your account, which I was able to locate through your profile. Upon reading previous notes, it does seem that one of our agents offered a plan with no associated contract. I have gone ahead and created a note on your account under case number 153676111, with instructions for the next agent to waive all associated fees. Please reach out to us when you have the chance, and the promise from the previous agent will be honored.

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you for addressing this.  I did reach out to cancel, and the CS rep stated she cancelled my account with no fees, however I did not receive a confirmation email.  My sister also cancelled last week and immediately got a cancellation email.  Based on the history of CS reps being dishonest with me, I'm not sure my service is actually cancelled.  Why didn't I receive an email confirmation?  When I log in to my account it still shows as active and under contract until Sept. Thank you.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It will probably cancel at the end of the billing period.  If you want it cancelled immediately, you have to state that. Ask for an immediate cancellation.  Not sure about the email -- did your sister ask for an immediate cancellation? Did her request to cancel coincide with the end of the billing period for here her account?

In any case, the reps will be back next week and they can make sure your account was canceled as you requested. 

Jalapeno,

Thank you for following up! I'm able to confirm that your account has entered the cancellation process. As maratsade stated, the service will remain active until the end of your billing period, where the account will then be closed. I'll make sure to keep this case open!

Thanks,

Remy

Jalapeno
Freshman

Thank you for your assistance.  My account should be cancelled by now, as I would normally renew on the 8th of each month.  I still have not received an email confirmation of the account being cancelled. My sister received a confirmation email the same day she called to cancel (more than 2 weeks ago), even though her service is sill active for a few more days.  We both cancelled within a couple of days of each other.   Why the inconsistency? When I look at the HN app on my phone, it shows I still have 89% remaining in the "bonus zone" and it states 28 days remaining in my billing cycle.  How is that possible if I cancelled PRIOR to July?   I should have received a cancellation confirmation email, and the app should reflect that the account is closed.  Thank you again. 

Good morning Jalapeno,

Thank you for following up with us, there seemed to have been a user error on our part that caused all this. I'm sorry for the confusion and frustration this caused despite your best efforts working with us to get your service canceled. This was escalated internally to address this error. I have terminated your service effective immediately and credited your account for the latest bill that you shouldn't have been charged for, so that will go back onto the payment method on file. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out again if you have any other concerns or questions.

Thank you,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!