Hughesnet Community

Does anyone know if Hughesnet will be offering higher data plans in the near future?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreyellis1
Freshman

Does anyone know if Hughesnet will be offering higher data plans in the near future?

I am wondering if Hughesnet will be offering plans with higher data caps anytime soon. Thank You in advance for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@coreyellis1

No, not anytime in the near future.  The throughput of the current system won't really support it due to what most people would be doing with higher data allotments, which is streaming.  With that said, it may happen when their next satellite goes up, but that's still a few years down the line.  

With this said, I don't work for Hughes, but normally you would hear rumblings about something like this, were it planned.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@coreyellis1

No, not anytime in the near future.  The throughput of the current system won't really support it due to what most people would be doing with higher data allotments, which is streaming.  With that said, it may happen when their next satellite goes up, but that's still a few years down the line.  

With this said, I don't work for Hughes, but normally you would hear rumblings about something like this, were it planned.