cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.7.1 error

Haleyb
New Poster

12.7.1 error

My warranty is up and I do not want to pay for a technician to not be able to make it to my house because of the ice/snow. I was playing Netflix and my internet system light suddenly went out and is giving an error code of 12.7.1. The weather is fine now after a few days of snow, can anyone help? 

BC687481-D0AE-411A-B73C-768FD64E0379.jpeg

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: 12.7.1 error

That's probably weather related. Is there snow on the dish?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Haleyb 

First and foremost, you should edit the SAN out of your picture.  This is your account number, which should never be posted in public.  

Have you tried power cycling your modem?  If not, unplug the HughesNet modem at the outlet, wait for at least a minute, then plug it back in.  Then, after waiting for at least five minutes, which gives the modem time to be fully back up and ready, check if you can get online.  

Though that signal strength isn't terrible and should still be enough to keep you connected, it's possible that this is the problem.  Perhaps the dish has moved.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Haleyb
New Poster

I edited the picture so that's not in it. I did power cycle it at least 6 times after speaking with support. If the dish has moved, how do I realign it?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Haleyb wrote:

I edited the picture so that's not in it. I did power cycle it at least 6 times after speaking with support. If the dish has moved, how do I realign it?

A tech would have to do it, if that's the problem.  If the reps are able to run remote diagnostics they should be able to determine the cause of the problem, though as of right now it doesn't look like they'd be able to.  

The reps will be able to make a determination on what's best to do.  They'll likely reply tomorrow.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Damian

Hello @Haleyb,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It appears you currently have a technician scheduled to come out. I am confident the tech will be able to resolve this and I am glad we were able to assist you with the cost of this repair. Please update me here, after the repair, if you still require further assistance. 

-Damian