cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

cathyedfbf
New Poster

Re: 3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

how to tell if it blocked correctly?   I noticed on the Firewall tab, it shows Firefall OFF ?   it shows it was blocked by Mcafee Personal firewall???
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Re: 3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

Here is a method to handle Tokens.

You will not need to purchase any as the Hughes Mods have already taken case of that.

You will want to pick up on the part having to do with "using" or releasing them:

There are several ways to purchase tokens. This will illustrate one of them:

Open your "Dashboard" here:

http://my.hughesnet.com/

Before we can discuss Tokens, we have to understand the details of "Data Buckets"

You really have three sources of data from which to draw:

(times are for Gen4 monthly plans)

(all times are "local")

(click on pictures for larger images)

#1: Anytime Bytes (8am to 2am)

#2: Bonus Bytes (2am to 8am)

#3: Token Bytes (used when Anytime Bytes are depleted)

The above shows all three "data buckets"

One method of purchasing Tokens is to click the "Token Management" link as shown below:

That links brings up the following:

As shown below, that page has two parts:

The "purchase" area and the "available" area:

Clicking one of the "purchase" links will cause that denomination of Token to be charged to your bill. It is NOT however ready for use ... it is added to an "available" category.

After clicking "purchase" watch the screen closely. A very brief confirmation screen will appear:

After the confirmation, the number of "available" Tokens will increase by one:

At this point you have been charged for the Token, you "own" the Token, but it has NOT been added to your allowance yet.

In fact it is NEVER added to your Anytime or Bonus Bytes allowance categories. however after "USE" it is added to your "Token Bytes" data bucket (#3 in the first graphic)

In order to release a Token for use we have to click the "use" button:

After you click "use" two things will occur:

The number of "available" Tokens will decrease by one

The value of the Token will be added to your "Token Bucket":

After a short delay, refresh the meter display and the Token data should be visible in your "Token Bucket":

Have you blocked Windows Explorer in the Glasswire firewall tab yet ?

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Mcafee is a pain.

Try to enable the firewall. Lets see what Mcafee does.

cathyedfbf
New Poster

did you see my ? re: blocked correctly? how do I tell? it shows FIREWALL OFF?
cathyedfbf
New Poster

when I click on OFF, it flashed the green ON for split second then goes to OFF  & gives me the msg about Mcafee
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Try clicking the button to "on"

I think it is a real possibility that you have picked up something malware related.

I want you (after you release the Tokens) is to go here:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

And download, install, update and run a manual scan of the free version of Malwarebytes:

cathyedfbf
New Poster

I got kicked out & thought it was dead?   I clicked the green Purchase tokens button on meter page.  it shows a list with 2 types that have FREE.  I clicked on those.  now I'm back to 2.7gb.    but I don't think that's gonna last long????
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

OK, gotcha on the Mcafee.

I haven't used it in years. In part because of things like this.

Lets see if we have a Community user that has recent experience with Mcafee.

I'll try to dig around and see what I can find in the meant time.

Open up Mcafee and see if you can give permission to Glasswire to run.

cathyedfbf
New Poster

Malware link....when I click on the Free Download it goes to a screen showing BUY & doesn't give the option to change to free?   
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Remember will have to repeat the "use" / release for each of your Tokens.