cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 bit Windows Status Meter download

32 bit Windows Status Meter download

The recent Windows Status Meter download runs ONLY with 64 bit Windows.
I need a version that works with 32 bit Windows.  I'm confident I am not the only one.
Why remove the older 32 bit version?  Offer BOTH on the website !!!
16 REPLIES

Re: 32 bit Windows Status Meter download

Good luck! (sarcastic) The recent "upgrade" removed my working 32-bit version and replaced it with the 64-bit version. Lousy customer consideration! They permanently blew a lot of customers out of the water with that one. Customer "service" (ha!) said that they have no intention of making the 32-bit version available. You are left with only the graphic available through your antenna--if and when it chooses to display. Possibly an underhanded method to get customers to buy extra tokens at outrageous prices.
GW
Sophomore

I think links to older versions have been posted here. If not, I have several versions saved in my archives.
Senior

Here's one place to get the old meter. It is safe, I uploaded it.
Senior

I have an older version (6.2) of the setup file, which definitely runs on a 32 bit Windows system (I have it on my old Windows 7 desktop I just set up).  I tried putting it in a drop box once, but it wouldn't accept it as it said the file was out of date, or something to that effect.  If you know of an easy way of posting the file, I'd be happy to give it to you. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

Thanks BirdDog,
  Downloaded that, will give it a try.
  Appreciate the assist.
Diana

Hi cascabelesksr,

Welcome and thanks for posting and bringing this up. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, I'm glad BirdDog was able to help out with a link to an older version. I've also inquired about this with our devs, I'll post back if I have any news to share.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks for the link, BirdDog!

Thanks,
Liz

Tutor

It's been 64-bit only since version 6.5...  6.2 is the last public 32-bit version.  

That aside, 64bit processors have been out for over 10 years now, if a user chooses to stay on an outdated system, that is their choice I guess?
Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10