cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Gigs disapeared in the middle of the night

Highlighted

7 Gigs disapeared in the middle of the night

After 7 gigs disappeared in the middle of the night,I spent 53 minutes with tech support to advise me to unplug router after every use! They had n0 idea where the data use went and blamed it on me even after I told them I am rural and nobody else has access. Rep then said she would "met me half way and refund 2.5 gigs" Well 3.5 is half way and so far they have not refunded me anything. UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: 7 Gigs disapeared in the middle of the night

Hi Donald

Sorry to hear about this! Unfortunately since we only provide the internet service, not the software or hardware you use in your home network, we do not track which device or website used a certain amount of data. We are glad to hear that our agent was able to provide you some tokens back, at least. Did you check your Token Bucket (not Anytime or Bonus) to see the GB she gave you? 

For the future, we recommend installing something like Glasswire to monitor your computer (does not monitor the whole network) and if you have things like iPhones or Androids you can use the built in data counters to see where data is used on those devices. There are some very detailed guides in the community, we really recommend looking around! 

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted

Amanda.you sound enthused like I had a great experience with Hughes Net. As a matter of fact ,not only did Hughes Net reimburse me the gigs and no they are not in my token button,I have been Ebay  for 2 hours and shipped 2 items and my percentage went from 22% to 13%. Something is wrong with the data useage status and its NOT ME. Its HUGHESNET!!! Why are    you people so callus and flippant about this. ITS COSTING ME MONEY AND IM NOT GETTING RESULTS NY CALLING<WRITING<BEGGING NOTHING EXCEPT BULLSHIT. WHY DO YOU THINK THE REP DID SUCH A GOOD THING?? IM PISSED OFF AT YOU NOW
Highlighted

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE RIPPING US OFF AND NO LAWYERS WILL COME IN AND SUE  THEM??
Highlighted

So in 20 minutes I'm down to 11% of my monthly 10 gigs that renew on the 11th. Thats 2% just looking at Hughesnet dashboard. NOTHING ELSE WTF is going on HUGHESNET. CALLING TECH SUPPORT DOES NO GOOD
Highlighted

WHY DOES HUGHESNET STAFF NOT RESPOND TO COMPLAINTS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Oh they're too busy ripping off disabled veterans .
Highlighted

WHERE IS THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU?? WHERE IS CONSUMER COMPLAINT ADVOCATES?? WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CARE THAT PEOPLE ARE BEING RIPPED OFF BY THIS CORRUPT COMPANY????????????????????????
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Donald,
My system runs just fine, no rip offs.
Connect a single computer directly to the modem and install Glasswire.
You may be very surprised at what is running.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Disabled Vet here, with them for 12+ years and not being ripped off. That has nothing to do with this. Chill.

Official reps are here during normal business hours on weekdays and they care.

Odds are you have something on your computer that has decided to kick in and eat data. I'll let others try to help you as I'm totally turned off by your ranting right now. Good luck.
Highlighted

Im not herr to turn you on ahole. I dont give a rats ass that you are happy with this sucky company. P.S xhill is tje very last thing to sayvto a pissed off ,ripped off consumer. Dont answer me back as you are annoying and not helping.