A HughesNet Voice request

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJC
New Poster

A HughesNet Voice request

I live in a remote area where there is no cell service, and have just learned that our landline provider has stopped servicing the battery backups in their switching stations.  That means that our only reason for staying with them - phone service during a power outage - no longer applies.  I have a home-based business and am somewhat concerned about call quality with satellite VOIP.  I would like to ask for someone currently using the Hughes voice service to call me so that I can experience what my customers would hear. 

Thanks GabeU.  Nobody responded, so we're just going to try it.

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@AJC

A little advice.  If you know how, I would create a new email somewhere just for this particular purpose, like Gmail or Yahoo or something of that nature.  The reason I suggest this is that, if the email address you listed is your primary email address, and because this is a public site that can be viewed by anyone, not just HughesNet subscribers, you may start getting all kinds of emails that you don't want, including the awful, never ending, and constantly worsening, spam, as well as emails from those with bad intentions.     

If it already is a temp email, kudos.  But if not, you can edit your post and replace the email address with a different one.  

Just trying to help keep you safe and headache free.  

As for the primary reason for your post, sorry, I don't have HughesNet's VOIP service, so I can't speak for it.  There are quite a few people who do have it, though, and hopefully someone will help you soon.  Good luck.  🙂