Absolute WORST speed and service department

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seanw
New Poster

Absolute WORST speed and service department

I wish I had never tried this terrible company. My speeds are measured in kbps by their trusted testmy.net. Their 24x7 customer support can do NOTHING to help and their almighty engineers from the touted “Teir 4 support” cannot even be reached by people within their company - much less by their PAYING CUSTOMERS!
2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Seanw

First make sure that you are not in FAP (out of data).  If you are not out of data, the reps will need some speed test results to be able to help with speed issues.  The speed tests need to be run a specific way, and instructions for such are as follows...  

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share the account results link with us here.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the manual 25MB size download test file 

-If testing upload instead of download, please use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF.  Make sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking SSID Enable for each radio individually, as unchecking all four, then clicking "Save Settings", will not hold the settings.  

Liz

Hi Sean, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!