cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Again more problems

Highlighted
Freshman

Again more problems

Again the modem's system and transmit lights are off. There is absolutely nothing blocking the satellite, it's not my router's fault, nor is the sky cloudy.
This is becoming quite an annoying habit, seeing as I'm paying $110 a month for something to keep messing up.
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Again more problems

@grungerock83 

Preferably using a device that is connected directly to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable, can you get to this modem page?  If so, what do you see listed for a State Code in the System Summary box near the top of the page?

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

I can't use hughesnet service at all. I'm literally sending this message from my cell, using cell data.
Highlighted

@grungerock83 

If you try to go to that modem page with a LAN connected device, what happens?  Does it give you a failure notice, as in it can't connect to the page?  

For reference, the page I linked to is an internal modem page, not a page on the net, so even if you can't connect to the net you should still be able to get to that modem page.  However, if you can't, please let us know.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

No. I have a new wireless router. I only have a tablet and a two in one. They cannot be connected to the modem by the means of wire connection. I don't have a laptop or home pc.
I'm sending these messages from my cell phone provider's network.
There's no way I can click the link on a device that's connected to the modem.
Highlighted

@grungerock83 wrote:
There's no way I can click the link on a device that's connected to the modem.

That's true, and that's my fault.  I should have given the address instead of a link to the address.

On one of the devices you'd normally use with HughesNet (so it's already connected to the modem via WiFi), bring up a browser page and put 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, then hit enter.  That should take you to the System Control Center.  When there, click on System Status at the top of the page.  That will take you to the page where the State Code will be.  

If doing so doesn't work, please let us know. 

Edit:  You can also get to the page by entering www.systemcontrolcenter.com instead of the numerical value given above.  Then click on System Status at the top of the page to get to the page with the State Code.

Highlighted
Freshman

The state code shows 12.3.2
Highlighted

@grungerock83 

Thanks for getting the code, and again, sorry for the mistake. 

That code is one not often seen, but it definitely indicates a problem. 

The next step will be for the reps to get involved, as that code indicates it's something they will need to handle.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  Hopefully they'll reply today.  I'll tag a couple of them to be sure they see this.

@Liz @Remy @Damian 

Highlighted

grungerock,

I was able to pull up your account and looked into the issues you've been reporting. A few of these errors have a connection to the coax cable not being securely attached, so could you please make sure it is secured tightly? Please unplug the modem from the power brick before you do this, just to be safe. If that solves the issue, great! If not, we'll continue to look into other fixes.

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
Freshman

No, making sure the coax cable was tightened didn't fix the problem