cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost 13 gigs lost in six hours?

Re: Almost 13 gigs lost in six hours?

Then explain when we do actually use the Internet like in the winter we never went over. Just so over this company
Associate Professor

Just letting them know they aren't the only ones with issues of data loss and it's always the customers issue

Thanks all for the mostly polite replies. I'll try to answer more questions...

Forgot to provide my San of DSSXXXXXXXXX - edited - Chris

The only devices connected are the two listed. An iPad and the Xbox one. I do have a smart tv but I have not set it up on my wireless network. I didn't think glassware could be used on either. I DO NOT have a PC or desktop up and running on the network. It has been shut down and sitting collecting dust for a couple months now. I do not have any directv or dish at the house either. Although I might have to pretty soon.

It is possible someone hacked the network although likely not. I am a park ranger who lives far away enough from anyone else that no one could be using my wireless effectively, unless they parked in the middle of the road to do so. Even then I don't think the signal could reach.

I performed the modem isolation test and everything is exactly the same as I left it yesterday morning, 2.4gb remaining. It should also be noted that this is the only time I've had my data allowance decrease unexpectedly.

This is not some fuming rant or hate thread against Hughes. I'm just trying to figure it out.

Ps my zip code shows a freedom plan on Excede for 150gb for 99.99 not including equip rental or the sped boost to 25mbps. Maybe they are not near capacity out on the west coast? I can show a photo if you want. Just trying to get the best deal on service obviously.

It used to be but I have since shut it off. It also showed the last cloud update to be a week ago.
Distinguished Professor IV

k.a.christensen,

Before you do anything else, go up and DELETE YOUR SAN that you just posted.

I know you don't know this, but NEVER post your SAN.

Hopefully you'll see this and do so before someone directly replies to that particular comment.  Once that happens you can no longer edit the post and will have to wait until tomorrow for a rep to edit the SAN out of the post.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Too late, doesn't have to be a direct reply, any reply locks out editing. A rep will have to do it tomorrow.

Without a PC, Glasswire isn't going to help, but that's okay.  Without it happening often (and that's a good thing), the isolation test might not be of much help, but at least for that time it showed there was no data leakage.  As of right now, and only going by that one test, plus experience, it's pointing toward one or both of your devices, but I don't have either of them so I can't be of much help to you with regard to just what is going on with them, which one is doing it (or both), and what on them is may be using the data. 

There's no need to post a photo about the Exede plan.  Different plans for different areas.  I believe you.  I just couldn't find the same plan you mentioned with plugging zips from different areas of the country into their plan selector.

I hope someone with those two devices can help you figure out what used the data.      

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Well, that stinks.  You can't warn somebody without making it impossible for them to react to the warning.  LOL.  Sheesh, what a system, but I understand, sort of, why it is the way it is. A direct reply locking it from being changed I get, but not an indirect one.   

It's too bad they don't have a system of messaging, like IMDB does, where you can message someone, but without learning their private info.  That would certainly help in a situation like this.