cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alright, whats going on fellows?

dkfkaw84
Freshman

Alright, whats going on fellows?

Tried to download 2.8GB of data last night, Got 22GB day time and 47GB night time data left. I started the download at 2am, I wake up and it's currently 9am, it's saying I have 608MB left and that's gonna take 17 hours to download. Why in the world have I been getting FAP speeds while I have data that I'm paying $167 a month for?

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Alright, whats going on fellows?

The reps may be able to look into this for you, but I wonder if it's because the download didn't work well and had to keep restarting, which ate the data. 

dkfkaw84
Freshman

Eh I'm 95% sure what the problem is, Hughesnet does what DSL providers do, Over sell, DSL providers will have a DSLAM that can handle 400 people and they will have 800-1200 people on it. It's nothing any one here has done, They just keep selling more bandwidth than the Satellite can handle cause they value money over happy customers, Plus I believe Gen 3 users just got kicked and was forced to upgrade to Gen 5, So that added more users on the Gen 5 Satellite. I use to be able to download about 7GB of data from 2am - 8am while in FAP, and when I had data I'd have to be careful cause I could use up the whole 50GB and start eating into my day time data when I had data, The last few months it went to about 2-3GB a night while in FAP, About 7-10GB a night with data, Now with data it's about 2.5GB a night with data, They over sold space, now everyone is getting throttled to **bleep**, But new customers for a little while get amazing speeds. I use to stream, I don't anymore or if I do it's rarely, Might have less than 4 times the last 3 months. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sticking with facts and not assumptions might be more beneficial to you, especially if you would like the reps to help you.  Don't bite the hand, and all that.