cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon streaming: very poor video quality

Amazon streaming: very poor video quality

Video quality is extremely poor, way below DVD quality, and only with Amazon; both Netflix and Youtube are fine. I have high data rates, about 25 Mbs or higher. Video Saving is off. The behavior is the same on two laptops, two iPads, and Apple TV, with a cable direct to the modem, or with wifi. Amazon streams perfectly if I use another provider. 

If I suffer through a movie with the poor resolution, the session still gobbles up more than 1GB per hour. 

Thanks for any help or suggestions. 

5 REPLIES 5
Freshman

Re: Amazon streaming: very poor video quality

I just tried streaming a video with Amazon for the first time and experienced a lot of pixelating and buffering.  Just got the satellite dish a few days ago and would also like any ideas and tips. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@kc155

Because your issue may have a different cause than the OP's, it would be best for you to start a new topic, which you can do from the following link....

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

The problem is that Hughes has oversold Gen5. They are squeezing the life out of our access.

I recommend that you start complaining using social media. This way the world can see what is going on with Hughes.

The Twitter account for corporate is @Hughes_Corp. You can also add your voice to @AskHughes while also actually reading the pages and pages of unsatisied customers.

While this group can be helpful, they are way over their heads at this time.

Highlighted
Freshman

Professor

My non-expert opinion is it's a problem with Amazon.  Like you, I can stream Netflix and YouTube just fine. Amazon, not so much -- it pixelates quite a bit, and sometimes it buffers when neither of the other two have a problem.  Amazon may just not handle satellite internet very well. 

@bennettlink wrote:

Video quality is extremely poor, way below DVD quality, and only with Amazon; both Netflix and Youtube are fine. I have high data rates, about 25 Mbs or higher. Video Saving is off. The behavior is the same on two laptops, two iPads, and Apple TV, with a cable direct to the modem, or with wifi. Amazon streams perfectly if I use another provider. 

If I suffer through a movie with the poor resolution, the session still gobbles up more than 1GB per hour. 

Thanks for any help or suggestions.