cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else not able to access email? Ive been unable for a week...

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Anyone else not able to access email? Ive been unable for a week...

@DisgruntledUser wrote: 

Rep I spoke with Monday told me he was giving me an additional 2GB of data for my trouble. Guess what? No data.  

Have you checked what you have available for data tokens?  This is where they give you data.  They can't add any data to your normal data bank(s).

If you don't see any token data in the Token Bytes Available, either in the HughesNet Usage Meter or the System Control Center, sign into the MyAccount site, click on the Usage header, then click on "Buy Tokens" on the lower right of the page.  In the popup you should see if there are either Prepaid or Free data tokens available.  If there are, and you click "Use", it adds them to your Token Bytes Available data bank.  Token data kicks in when you've exhausted your normal data.

Edit:  When you click "Buy Tokens" it asks you to confirm your purchase.  There is no token purchase at this point, so it's okay to click it.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Just talked to "Level 2" Smiley Happy  tech support. Told me 48 hours. Imagine that!

Freshman

fwiw. my email was back around 5 pm central today after being out since Monday, 9-30-19. 

downloaded 417 emails from Monday through today.

be careful. there was a phishing email in the group from "hughes" stating i needed to update due to the email issues. took me to a page to enter credit card info.

John

Assistant Professor

@John2 

If you logged in after clicking, recommend you ensure you're logged out, then log back in normally and change your password. It's likely that they've already captured the old one via a keylogger the first time.

Word to the wise: Never click on a link to login to anything from an email. It's also a good practice to 'hover' your cursor over any kind of link in an email to ensure it looks like it's going where you think it's going. Most browsers will display the url for the link in the corner somewhere.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

Thanks.

New Poster

I have been without email going on two weeks and all I get from HN support is lip service. To top it all off was HN  billed my account full price October 4th  and failed to deliver the product and service they just billed me for! I have been told that the engineers are working on solving the problem but I'm srarting to doubt yhat excuse. Seems like there may be something else going on here.  If anyone from HN is montoring these messages please tell me when I will Have the email service you have billed me for...

Professor

1. May want to switch your email service to Gmail. 

2. Billing even when there are technical issues is a thing -- it's not just HN;  others do it too, such as other ISPs, utilities,etc.

3. If there's an outage or other technical issues, they may refund your money for lost service, but not until  after the issue has been resolved.  This is also common to other providers. 

rexroden wrote:

I have been without email going on two weeks and all I get from HN support is lip service. To top it all off was HN  billed my account full price October 4th  and failed to deliver the product and service they just billed me for! I have been told that the engineers are working on solving the problem but I'm srarting to doubt yhat excuse. Seems like there may be something else going on here.  If anyone from HN is montoring these messages please tell me when I will Have the email service you have billed me for...

New Poster

Well, I have been without email  for over two weeks now. I am getting this error message, 

HTTP ERROR 403

Problem accessing /service/extension/saml2acs. Reason:

The account cannot be accessed at this time.

I have talked to the HN reps and all I get from them is lip service. Evidently  the HN engineers are not able to fix their own screw-up and we the folks who pay our bill on time are penallized. Which BTW HN charged my credit card Oct 4th for a service that they have failed to deliver. Almost seems criminal. Time to look seriously at Visitat...

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Not to be pedantic, but no one is actually paying for their HughesNet email.  It's a free extra that comes with the internet service.  

It's wise for HughesNet customers to have a backup email from one of the major free services, like Google, Yahoo or Outlook (Microsoft) or whoever you like.  Or, even use the HughesNet email as the backup, and the other as your primary.  Keep in mind that, if you ever move on from HughesNet, you lose your HughesNet email.  

This is not at all an excuse or in any way an attempt to dismiss the frustration of those dealing with the email issue, which I have no doubt is not only extremely irritating, but may actually be causing genuine problems.  I very much hope that the issue is fixed soon so that everyone can once again access what they need.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good morning Anthony,

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page, I'll send you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->