cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you FAP'd when using data tokens?

Assistant Professor

Re: Are you FAP'd when using data tokens?

Have you selected "use" on a token after purchasing so it goes to your Token Bytes Available bucket? It is a two step process, must purchase then use.

Capture.PNG

Senior

@BirdDog - please help, here's what my usage meter looks like, but I don't know how to USE the data tokens it says it's already using, HOWEVER, I am still throttled.

Screenshot 2018-02-19 14.21.48.pngScreenshot 2018-02-19 14.22.55.png

Senior

I have been THROTTLED for most of the day - I purchased 5GB of data tokens on 2/18 and 5GB data tokens today - there is NO WAY IN heck that I blew through 5GB data (again, NOTHING IS CONNECTED to WiFi except the main cable plugged into the back of my desktop and my husband's desktop - while I was THROTTLED, I mysteriously ran out of 5.2 data tokens while on this community support thread. I purchased 5GB more data and am un-throttled. What is going on - ???? It's too bad that you can't right click on the images and see the time stamps - they have all been since about 11AM this morning - @Liz - what about a data token top off - something is definitely wrong here. I am tired of chasing problems every single day. I appreciate ALL of you and the help you have supplied, but there's something way haywire in Denmark with my data usage and the system in general, IMO.

Screenshot 2018-02-19 14.21.48.pngScreenshot 2018-02-19 14.22.55.pngScreenshot 2018-02-19 14.58.00.pngScreenshot 2018-02-19 15.40.03.pngScreenshot 2018-02-19 15.41.10.pngScreenshot 2018-02-19 15.42.57.png

Senior

Here is the timestamp associated with each of the photos I posted so you can see when they were taken:

Screenshot 2018-02-19 15.52.58.png

Senior

And here's my data usage since I started the service on Jan. 3, 2018 -- since Feb. 3 - I have blown through 30GB data, plus 17GB in free tokens from HN (@Liz thank you) plus another 5GB token I purchased on 2/18 and starting on the next 5GB token I purchased today -- and EVERYTHING is disconnected from WiFi - we are using a Verizon data and a jetpack to stream music, not HN -- I will never ever be able to afford HN with this kind of data drain and nothing but the 2 home computers connected. WE DO NOT STREAM movies on either desktop - our social media is set to NOT auto load videos. I am at a loss as to how to contain the data usage...

Screenshot 2018-02-19 16.05.55.pngScreenshot 2018-02-19 16.06.25.png

Freshman

I'm with you my freind.  I just bought a token and it does not ask me if I would like to use the data.  I think I was charged and got nothing.  Does not matter.  I am so over HughesNet.  Can't run Netflix without constant buffuring.  Most speed tests show 500 kbps - 1.5 mbps.  Tech support leaves you on hold for 30-40 minutes.  Jumped through all the hoops with no improvement, and now I'm getting charged for a 'purchased token'  I don't receive.  Time to cancel.

Distinguished Professor IV

@happytexann

I don't quite understand what's going on with your tokens.  In your Usage Meter it shows them as available, and being used (5.2GB, then 5.0GB), but on your Usage page from the My Account site it's showing 0 Token Bytes Available.  And it's showing, by the state code on your SCC, in a picture that was taken a minute later than the one of your Usage Meter showing that you have 5.0GB of tokens banked, that you're being throttled.  I really don't get it.  You should NOT be throttled when you have token data available and banked, and being used, yet you are.   

The signal strength I was wondering about definitely does appear low, and maybe considerably lower than it should be.  I don't really know what your signal strength should be, as it varies from beam to beam, and where someone is located in their particular beam.  

This is beyond anything that I can help with, and the reps should really take a look at what's going on here, not only with the state code issues and signal strength, but with your token data issue, as well.  I'll tag them again, and hopefully they'll answer and help you soon.  Sorry you're having such an awful time.  Smiley Sad  

@Liz

@Amanda

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

@GabeU - don't know why I'm not able to get my tags to stick, they keep going black. I am FAP'd so maybe that's the reason. I posted a long topic about 2 hours ago that as titled "INSANE data drain..." and it's not showing up? Because I'm FAP'd?

I did notice a bit ago that iCloud has used 3.0GB data today - have followed instructions on disconnecting iphone, ipad and MacBook Pro - and can only assume that it's my Mac desktop that's using the iCloud.

Senior

@GabeU - I found this in glasswire but I don't know how to fix it - my iphone, ipad, and MacBook Pro are all set to use celluar data for updates, etc. Can you help me figure this out? I don't see an update on my mac desktop  - and I'm having to run glassware on Parallels software which make a VM machine on my Mac until I can get everything and software purchase for Mac software. This was a big data drain and I want to fix it if I can or someone can give me instructions, I've googled everything I know how to try and figure it out...but to no avail.

Screenshot 2018-02-20 15.23.21.png

Senior

@GabeU, even FAP'd, I'm running the same speeds as normal. Dismal.