cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam 55 One Month Later

Highlighted
Senior

Beam 55 One Month Later

It's been one month now of erratic download speeds, how are the engineers coming with the anticipated fix?

Here's my experience today, it took quite a few minutes at 8:40 Pm Pst to be able to post this.

How's my fellow Beam 55 subscribers doing?

My experience is I have full speeds in the mornings (7Am) , then it degrades to very poor by 8 Pm or so. Some times a modem reboot helps , sometimes not, at best I get 3Mbs, a slight improvement.

I'm curious to know if Alan (El Dorado Sat.) has run sny speed tests later in the evening?

Gen5 Speeds 11.2.17.png

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted

Re: Beam 55 One Month Later

Speed was OK this morning... then afternoon hit my speeds started slowing down.  By 6:30pm my download was down to 3Mbps and upload was about dead at 31K.  I could not even run testmy tests during that time so did a real small one at got the 31K.  7 to 8 ish it about died.  Could not browse web or do any tesetmy tests.  Reboot modem... 1st attempt made no change and was still dirt slow.... reboot #2, speeds improved.  About 9:41pm here and just ran a test after my 2 reboots.  29.7mbps down.  

Like a tire with a slow leak.... starts full, then slowly loses air all day.... then a couple refills of air (reboot modem) and sometimes speeds are restored.

TJ

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

31Kbps for an upload speed?  SMH.  That's just plain awful.  No other way to describe it.  Awful.  And sub 1Mbps download speeds are just as awful, but that 31Kbps upload speed really sticks out like a sore thumb.  Smiley Sad  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Yeh, was the upload speed for 31k.

If you look at my speeds for the day, started out good, started slowing down afternoon, experienced 31k upload around 6:30, ate dinner and came back to internet that was about comatose. Could not run tests. Reboot twice and later evening speeds getting back.

But, for sure somethings still not right on beam 55. I feel the OP pain for speed issues still late evenings.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/macsociety

TJ
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Same issues here -- speeds are quite variable and slow down in the evenings.

Highlighted

Good morning folks,

Thank you for the feedback. I'll send this over to the engineers.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Senior

Saturday Am a reboot restored better speed , above the red line.

Usually I have the best speeds in the Am, no reboot needed.

Gen5 Speeds 11.4.18.png

Highlighted
Associate Professor

That's... an interesting thing to have happen.  I wonder, can you note what your IPGW and Outroute ID is before, and after the reboot and post back, along with the relevent testmy.net results?

Highlighted
Senior

I see the IGPW on the system status display, but the Outroute Id  I don't see on that page is it some where else?

Gen 5 System Status.png

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@ecoalex2

While in the System Control Center, click System Information at the top of the page.  Your Outroute ID will be in the Satellite box.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit