Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware: Latest Phony "HughesNet" Phishing Email Scam / Spam

Highlighted

Beware: Latest Phony "HughesNet" Phishing Email Scam / Spam

Came in this morning, apparently targeting Hughes.net Email addresses:

HughesScam.JPG

Forwarded a copy of the Email complete with headers to the CommunitySupport mailbox this morning.

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Beware: Latest Phony "HughesNet" Phishing Email Scam / Spam

Got it, thanks Alan!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor III

Thank you for watching out for us, Alan!  Smiley Happy

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Appears another phishing email was sent this morning:

From: HghesNet Mail Admin [mailto:ecwynar@rcn.com] Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:59 AM Subject: Server Message

Server Message

Dear user

Our record indicates that a changes where recently made to your HughesNet Account, On ThursdayMay 18, 2017 23:47 AM GMT: We believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account or a Virus due to cyber attack,you are advise to verify your account information as soon as possible from your HughesNet account page at  HughesNet Account Verificaion to avoid Data( Personal information) Lost on your account.

Note:We will not be held liable for any unforeseen circumstances that might arise if you fail to update your account information.Please follow the secure link below to update your account information.

UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Update Your HughesNet Account

Once you have updated your account records, we will validate your information and your account data will be secured. This will help protect your account in the future.

As we continue to improve your HughesNet experience in a way that dovetails with our heartbeat as a company — a commitment to protecting and defending your privacy. Thank you for using HughesNet!

myHughesNet

Regards.  Email Administrator

This message is auto-generated from E-mail security server, and replies sent to this email can not be delivered. This email is to secure your mailbox.

Good morning Karen,

I see you're new here, so welcome to the community! I've edited your post to remove the suspicious links from that phishing e-mail. Thank you for the heads up.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->