cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked access to iCloud

Highlighted
Freshman

Blocked access to iCloud

I cannot access the iCloud server from HughesNet.

iCloud email comes in spurts a few times a day and then you only see the header. The body just says 'loading'. At random times access is given and then the text for a few emails comes through.

hughesnet email comes right through.

i have no problems with mail or server access when using vehicle hotspot. 

any other users seeing blocking or throttling?

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Blocked access to iCloud

I can't access iCloud either (or Dropbox, or Google Drive).  It's not blocking or throttling on HN's part, and they're aware of the issue and are looking into it. 

kaj1234 wrote:

I cannot access the iCloud server from HughesNet.

iCloud email comes in spurts a few times a day and then you only see the header. The body just says 'loading'. At random times access is given and then the text for a few emails comes through.

hughesnet email comes right through.

i have no problems with mail or server access when using vehicle hotspot. 

any other users seeing blocking or throttling?

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Yeah, there's a problem with everything that uses iCloud, to include syncing apps, News, and other stuff. In addition to iCloud: Google Drive is a little weird and Dropbox is a lot weird (almost non-existent). There are also nagging issues getting to github, microsoft via akamai (microsoft's CDN), which are cut to a trickle it seems.

That all said, this might not be a HN problem, but more futsing around by CenturyLink (ex-Level3, ex-Qwest, et. alia). CL happens to be the provider for several gateways on HN, mine (SDO) in particular.

How I know CL has a lot of problems: I have a server that's hosted not on HN but similarly has CenturyLink as their provider, and it's having the same problems doing automated backups to Google Drive and Dropbox in particular. Well, let's just say Google Drive, because I couldn't even get the backup software to authenticate properly with Dropbox.

This is not the first time I've noticed problems on HN, but was able to ssh into my remote server and recreate them. It's how I can isolate things that are particular to either HN or happens to be a CL backbone problem.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

Hi kaj1234,

Thank you for sharing your experience with iCloud, I'll send this over to engineering.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

am also having access issues to apple mail and icloud accounts!  This is my business email, so I have to have access and know everything will download!  Please fix this.

@Liz wrote:

Hi kaj1234,

Thank you for sharing your experience with iCloud, I'll send this over to engineering.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

Highlighted

Several of us are experiencing the same thing, and it may have nothing to do with HN. Even so, they're investigating, but resolving the issue may be difficult and it may take a while.  These times call for patience. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

retsofmit wrote:

am also having access issues to apple mail and icloud accounts!  This is my business email, so I have to have access and know everything will download!  Please fix this.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same exact problem here. Can't connect to iCloud in any browser. I switch from HN service to a mobile hotspot, it works fine. But once connected back to HN, I cannot log into iCloud. So the only way to sync my calendars is to switch back and forth from HN > mobile hotspot > HN. What say you, HN, about this issue? Timeframe for fixing it, please? Thank you...

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Known issue, likely NOT a HughesNet problem, so it's likely impossible for them to fix or say when it will be fixed. They are working on it.   Sycing our calendars is not a priority when so many are dying.  

Right now the harsh times we're going through call for saintly patience and for reframing priorities. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

sls33 wrote:

Same exact problem here. Can't connect to iCloud in any browser. I switch from HN service to a mobile hotspot, it works fine. But once connected back to HN, I cannot log into iCloud. So the only way to sync my calendars is to switch back and forth from HN > mobile hotspot > HN. What say you, HN, about this issue? Timeframe for fixing it, please? Thank you...

Highlighted
Freshman

those of us who use iCloud as our calander for work and the email service for work would take issue with it not being a priority!!  It is not an Apple problem or a traffic to the site problem or else we could not get in when we used a hotspot or went somewhere to connect to another network!  This does need to be resolved sooner rather than later!

Highlighted
New Poster

It's a priority when you're trying to run a business when that business is also trying to keep people employed amongst the crisis we're facing. But hey, thanks for the pep talk, Distinguished Professor.