Bonus Zone mysteriously shortened by an hour

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redgyul
New Poster

Bonus Zone mysteriously shortened by an hour

My Bonus Zone has suddenly stopped at 7am. I try to download as much as possible between 6am and 8am since data on HughesNet burns up super fast.

They've been working on it for about a week now. Anyone else see their Bonus Zone lose an hour?

19 REPLIES 19
Amanda

Hi redgyul,

How do you figure this is the case? I see from your account notes that you recently moved from a central time zone to an eastern time zone. The Bonus Zone is 2-8AM your local time. In any case, I will be able to take a look at it tomorrow morning before 8AM and investigate. 

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

There's part of the problem. One week and three phone calls later, my notes are incorrect.

I moved from Eastern to Central. My Bonus Zone was completely intact until I (while still here in the Central Time Zone) upgraded my data plan.

Would you like my case number?

Hi redgyul,

You are absolutely right, your account notes are not correct, I am very sorry about that. After digging a little more, I see that you had the services moved from Florida to Texas. Upon checking your system this morning, the Bonus Zone is in Eastern time, which as you said is incorrect.

It appears that this issue stems from our back-end ordering process which did not (though it should) update your physical address after your services were moved. Our system still thinks you are in Florida! I'll have this fixed up right away. I appreciate your patience with us on this and will ensure that your account notes are updated with the correct information.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your concern.

It is now Monday, 7:10am, Central Time Zone and my Bonus Zone stopped at 7:01. Still not fixed.

In your digging, you would have noticed that I did not have this problem when I moved from Florida. This issue started when I upgraded my data package here, in Texas. I had no choice but to do so since my data was being used up way faster than it did before.

Also, it would be good if you add to the notes that I DO NOT receive a cell signal here, so, HughesNet calling me to do surveys, etc. is useless. The lack of a cell signal is the only reason why I have to use satellite internet. It's really sad that I am stuck in a two-year contract with HughesNet. I'm guessing DirecTV could do better. They couldn't do much worse.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@redgyul

This isn't concerning your issue, per se, but your thought about DirecTV.  DirecTV doesn't offer internet, themselves.  What they do is contract with other providers and offer what is available in your area.  So, if you called DirecTV, what they would most likely have available for you is Hughesnet.  

Is that so? No wonder my neighbor's DirecTV satllite internet is so slow too.

My Bonus Zone is still ending at 7am. This problem is yet to be fixed. I have been credited Token Bytes, however, I would really like to be able to make use of the full Bonus Zone.

If it's a time zone problem,.... just start downloading at 1:00.

I'm envious. I have to stay up till 2:00 AM here.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Sadly, it's not a time zone problem. It worked perfectly when I moved from Eastern to Central time. It shortened when, weeks later, I upgraded to a bigger package.

Called again today and was told that my case was closed since they couldn't get me on the phone.

So, they reopened my case. After speaking with the very pleasant agent, I have no confidence that this will be resolved. Why? They're still pulling up my address from when I lived in the Eastern Time Zone. They're still staying that the change of Time Zones was the problem. This would be true if my Bonus one started an hour earlier, which it doesn't.

It's been such a pain dealing with this that I dread bringing up any other issues I've encountered.

Redgyul,

Your address should have been changed already from FL to TX - obviously from your post this is not the case or it has been changed and it didn't solve the problem, so I am looking into this right now.

~Amanda

Made more changes, but no dice. Currently on the line with a NOC Engineer - will keep you posted. ~Amanda

Okay, so on the network NOC side of things there is no visible reason this is occurring. It must be deeper in the system than I can see or is coded by something other than your address. I've sent a message flagged as high importance to our database group to investigate. I've set a calendar reminder for Monday morning to check in.

Since I put the new address in even more places tonight, it could very well update overnight, but I'm not sure. I've tried re-associating you to the gateway, clearing out everything in the modem, but couldn't force anything to take. I will be out of the office (but still working) Mon-Wed, so if for some reason I cannot reply to you, please PM or tag @Liz here as she is copied on the message and can let you know if we've heard back yet.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi redgyul

Just a check-in. The next step to resolving this has been determined and an admin in our billing dept must perform and specific configuration reload on your account. I am just waiting on them to complete that step and will let you know when it is done.

Thanks

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

The Bonus Zone ran until 8:00 this morning! Hurray!

I'm going to check tomorrow to ensure that it starts at 2:00am. I hope that it has all been resolved.

Thank you for your help!!

Thanks for letting me know - I'll check back to see if anything has changed. Have a good weekend!

Amanda

Hello just checking in. Has the bonus zone been behaving? 

Amanda

Correct, the issue has not been fixed, it is still being worked on. In the meantime I will add some free data to your token bucket. And yes, the only reason your Bonus Zone hours are off is because of the address mismatch (causing a time zone mismatch) on our side. 

I believe that in the move process, you were upgraded from Gen4 to Gen5, which offers faster speeds. We've noticed the same concerns about data being 'used faster' in relation to being able to do the same activities as you did on Gen4 - they just get done faster on Gen5. I will make a note on your account about the cell signal.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I had Gen5 and a 20GB data package in Florida. Bonus Zone oprating normally.

I moved to Texas with Gen5 and a 20GB data package. Bonus Zone operating normally.

Weeks later, I upgraded to a 50GB package in Texas and my Bonus Zone is shortened by an hour.

I never had Gen4.