First, make sure that the coax cable connector at the back of the HughesNet modem is finger tight. It doesn't need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose. Then, with a computer that is preferably connected to the HughesNet modem via LAN cable rather than WiFi, can you get to this page? If so...
1. Are both boxes at the top of the page green?
2. What is the State Code showing in the System Summary box?
3. What is your Satellite Signal Receive Strength showing in the WAN Info box?
4. When you run the Connectivity Test, which is on the left side of the page, does it show any Packet loss?
5. When you run the Built-In Self Test, which is on the left side of the page, do all items show as Passed?