cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer stream Amazon Prime through Fire stick

Highlighted
Sophomore

Can no longer stream Amazon Prime through Fire stick

About a month ago, I had to have my hughes net modem replaced and it seems that at the same time, I can no longer keep connected to the Amazon Prime on the firestick. It flicks on and off every few seconds...BUT I can stream Neyflix with no problems on the Firestick. I have contacted Amazon tech help..tried everything, rebooting Hughes modem, resetting firestick to factory settings, bought an adapter extender cord to hook up with a LAN line directly to Hughes modem..etc etc.
I can no longer access the Amazon Prime app on my smartv either. This would all be wireless.
It is like Hughes has blocked the Amazon Prime streaming app for some reason. It says the connection is VERY GOOD..connects then disconnects every few seconds.
Any other suggestions??
I believe it is on Hughes end..even tho they say it is not.
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Can no longer stream Amazon Prime through Fire stick

"It is like Hughes has blocked the Amazon Prime streaming app for some reason."

That's definitely not it, as HughesNet does not block Prime or any other streaming services. It's also likely not on HughesNet's end but on the internet side, and possibly Amazon's service not working well with latency and congestion, or with your Fire stick not playing nicely with latency and congestion, or with your smart TV.

Do you have a laptop or desktop? Try watching Prime that way and see if it works. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Can no longer stream Amazon Prime through Fure stick

@GailWasiskiMile 

I don't have a Fire TV Stick, so I don't know what their disconnection notice actually means, but if you can view Netflix through it without issue, but not Amazon Prime, it sounds more like a congestion and/or latency issue than anything going on with the equipment.  If there were an actual connection issue, such as with the WiFi or with the Fire TV Stick connecting to the net at all, it's likely that it would be doing the same for anything you tried to use it for, including Netflix.   

Amazon Prime is known to be the most "touchy" when it comes to streaming with HughesNet, unfortunately.  

This is only a guess, however.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

So I tried to watch on my Amazon Fire HD 10 7th generation tablet just now. I pulled up Eco Challenge episode 1 at 3:58 pm
Got a spinning yellow circle..at 3:59 got this error: Slow Internet Connection. YOUR devices available internet bandwidth is low. The video might pause while buffering. Do you want to continue? Then it started playing..at 4:00 the screen went black..at 4:02 when the screen came back, got the spinning yellow circle, then got slow internet error, got black screen. At 4;03 got spinning yellow circle..it played until 4:04 it started playing then screen went black. At 4:08 started playing, got slow internet warning.
At 4:11..I closed app and restarted...got spinning yellow circle, then got slow internet error.
So no..it isn't playing on my Amazon device correctly.
I did try the other night to pull up on my desktop and got nothing but the spinning yellow circle.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Also, I periodically find that my phone will not connect to the new Hughes Net Modem they installed. It tells me connected with no internet on Hug2995258 and on the 5 ghz channel.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

do you have any laptops or desktop computers you could use to test?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@GailWasiskiMile 

That's assuredly congestion, or a combination of congestion and latency.  

With this said, you can run a few speed tests to ensure that your speed is okay, but even with adequate overall speed the congestion can still be there, causing a problem.  To run the speed tests, please see these instructions.  

As for your phone, that's not good.  If you don't already have it, I would download the HughesNet Mobile App and run its WiFi signal test.  This will tell you how good of a signal it's getting, which can not only be affected by range, but also by signal interference from other devices.  I would especially test it when you experience a disconnect.  You can get the HughesNet Mobile App at the App Store and Google Play for Apple and Android devices, respectively. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

I tried the other night on my desktop to connect to Amazon Prime Video..all I got was a spinning yellow circle.
I can connect to my Amazon shopping app with no problems tho.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Results from testmy.net
10.8 mbps, 24.6mbps,11.9mbps down
78kbps,93kbps,69kbps up
Combined with 25mb down and 3MB up
16.5mbps down 1.2 up
17.1 mbps down 920 kbps up
16.7 mbps down 524kbps up
Highlighted
Sophomore

Wifi test from Hughes app all 3 came back as excellent.
The self diagnostic tool keeps telling me to reboot modem.