cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access email from Outlook OR macintosh mail!

Freshman

Can not access email from Outlook OR macintosh mail!

I can NOT log onto the email server with either Microsoft Outlook OR Macintosh email.  What gives?

I have called tech support twice today and they are clueless.  They blame it on my equipment.  This is BS.  I have five different computers here and none of them can get in.  I have done the usual rebooting of gateway/router/etc.  

What is up???

Robert Oder

California

25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Can not access email from Outlook OR macintosh mail!

They have been having issues with their email provider; they're working on those issues and there hasn't been an ETA, but it's likely that this won't be solved until after the holidays. This issue may or may not be what's impacting you. Replies appear to be slower, likely due to the holidays.  For faster replies, try chat or the phone reps. I know you haven't had any success with the phone reps, so waiting until you here from the reps here may be your best bet. They also have a presence on FB and Twitter -- you could try there, though there are no guarantees you'll hear back right away either.  

@Remy 

@Amanda 

@Damian 

Freshman

I guess it is time to give up on Hughesnet.

Your reaction is reasonable, especially given the frustrations you've encountered, but I hope someone will get back to you and explain what may be going on with your particular email situation. 

If you wish to cancel, this can only be done by calling  866-347-3292.

RobertOder wrote:

I guess it is time to give up on Hughesnet.

Freshman

there does not appear to be anyone working there these days who has any clue.  i am in a remote location so I dont have any other good options or I would have pitched Hughesnet years ago.  Using a Sprint Cell phone as a hotspot via a Magic Box worked very well in my location up until the time sprint merged with T Mobile.  After that, the great Sprint cell service I used to have here went away.  They reprogrammed that cell to do other things.  So Im stuck with Huge Aircrash for the present...

This is why I was hoping a rep on this site would reply to you today. Not sure if they're around, though. Have you tried HN's social media accounts? I believe corporate reps respond there too, same as here. 

So you only have T Mobile for cell phone? I have Verizon and it's not very good at all where I live due to very few towers.  I have to drive 20 minutes to get a good signal from them.  AT&T  is also available but it's even worse than Verizon.  Many remote and not-so-remote areas are shamefully underserved. Edit: I for one am glad that HN provides service where I live; without it, I wouldn't be able to live where I do. 

New Poster

@RobertOder wrote:

I can NOT log onto the email server with either Microsoft Outlook OR Macintosh email.  What gives?

I have called tech support twice today and they are clueless.  They blame it on my equipment.  This is BS.  I have five different computers here and none of them can get in.  I have done the usual rebooting of gateway/router/etc.  

What is up???

Robert Oder

California

And your point for quoting the OP is...?

FrankZimmerman wrote:
RobertOder wrote:

What is up???

Robert Oder

California

Freshman

Hi:

Perhaps Frank is having the same problem?

For the record, I have had continuous difficulties getting my mail using an email client.  This has been going on since March.  It works less than 25% of the time, and it appears thst competent Technical Assistance staff are frequently unavailable.  The phone-in people are of highly limited skills.  One reset my password without asking first.  The other blamed it on my email client, which works perfectly with several other email services.  He simply did not want to help.  This problem occurs accross five different computers at two different sites.  It is not a specific computer or local site problem.

Can anyone state on the record what the Correct settings are these days?  Ports?  SSL yes or no?  IDs?  Are there any technical support staff out there any longer?  

Robert

Robert, HN reps are on M-F during business hours. If they haven't provided an answer it may be because the settings have been given before. Just run a search for them and apply them.