cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not pay termination fees!

Can not pay termination fees!

Early termination fees not explained during original phone call to set up hughes net. I asked during that first call if they would move my service when i moved and they said yes, no charge.well when I moved into my new place they couldnt get a line of sight for the dish,and there was no place to put it. I called customer service and was told i would have to pay an early termination fee. No one mentioned this when I signed up or I never would have agreed to it. We live in a very rural area and of couse, hughes net is the only option here, so now what do I do with a dish sitting on top of someones house that I cant use???
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can not pay termination fees!

Hi riverrat54,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Early termination fees are certainly a typical disclosure during the sales call. I've located your account so we can request a sales call review to address your concerns. 

I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Model no. Ht1100. But the question i have is.... why didnt someone mention line of sight if I moved during first call???

Good morning riverrat54,

Thank you for your patience while your sales call was reviewed. Here are the review results:
After reviewing the call, the line of sight is
discussed.  The customer states that they would be using the service on an
RV on their daughters side yard, and the agent asks if there is Dish Network or
DirecTV on the property.  The customer states that their daughter has it
on their home, and asks why, and the agent responds that we need a line of
sight to the southern sky.  The customer responds, “yeah we have that.”
 In regards to the ETF, the agent does inform the customer of the fees
during the final terms and conditions.  The customer does not ask about
the cancellation fees at any other points of the call.  The customer does
not ask any questions after the final terms and conditions. In regards to the RV situation, the agent did
not read the required disclosure stating that it must remain stationary. 
Although this agent no longer works with our business, we will be sure to
reiterate to the rest of our agents about how to properly address this moving
forward.
The subjects of early termination fees and line of sight were brought up during the call. However, I've learned that the initial intended use was with an RV; the HughesNet service isn't intended to be moved about with an RV. 

I've created a case for you which has corporate instructions to let you cancel without ETF: 55445001  Please let me know if retrieving the radio from the dish isn't possible since you've moved.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

So,if i return moden and radio from the dish, i will not incur any early termination fees? I can still get the radio ! Just let me know how to proceede with this. I would like to do this asap as to not pay for the next month. Thnx.

Hi riverrat54,

Good to hear you can still get the radio. We'll need the radio, modem, and modem power cord so that you can avoid the Unreturned Equipment Fees, which is separate from the Early Termination Fee.

When you call in at 866.399.2176 to cancel, just be sure to reference this case number, 55445001, as that has instructions to waive the ETF for you.

If you have additional concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Liz 

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks foryour help

You're welcome!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz