Cannot Access Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMT
New Poster

Cannot Access Internet

On Wednesday my internet stopped working. I noticed the System light was not on so I rebooted the modem. After doing so the System light still would not come on. After contacting 4 different representatives, each done a diagnostic test and each came back as modem not responding. On Thursday, I contacted a technician again we went thru the same process and was told I would need a new modem and a replacement was sent. On Friday, I received the replacement hooked it up and waited for an hour like the instructions stated. After an hour I checked the modem, still no System light on and the Transmit light was blinking. After waiting 4 to 6 hours with no changes,  I called a technician and tried to troubleshoot the problem but still no service. I was recommended for a technician be dispatched out for service but I would have to pay a maintenance labor fee. I don't understand why I should have to pay for someone to come out and repair their equipment. I have been very disappointed in the handling of this situation and paying for services I cannot access.

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@LMT 

The reps here are on Monday through Friday from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST (though Damian is sometimes on later in the evening), so it's likely that you won't see a reply until at least Monday.

Hang in there.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Damian

@LMT,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this.  Please private message me the phone number associated with your account and I will begin looking into this. Please click the link below to send me a message

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644 .

-Damian 

@LMT,,

Thank you for providing me that info. The first thing I would like for you to do is provide me the state code if possible. This will help me begin to remote troubleshoot. If it is not possible based on the type of state code you have, a technician will be the only way to resolve this issue.  You mentioned that system light is not on still. Is the modem still plugged in and are there any other currently lights on?  

-Damian 

@LMT,

I also see that you recently got converted over to Gen 5. Did you get a HT2000W modem in the mail or another Ht1000 replacement? 

-Damian